Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im thinking about building a glock from scratch. Going to try lonewolfs new frame and get one of their slides also. Everything will be custom. Should I get a 17L or a 45. ACP? I already have a G17C but no 45. I do think a custom 17L would be [email protected]$$ though.

Also, do they put serial numbers on their custom frames? How are these guns tracked? Are they just un-marked, un-accounted for guns?

Anyone else know of a place that makes some cool slides?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Sounds like fun! Post pics when you get her finished.

My vote would have to be for the .45 if you don't have one yet.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WELL, heres to the start of a long, EXPENSIVE project. Decided on the following so far. Going to get the new lone wolf frame and a SS lone wolf slide in a 45. auto.

Going to have some pretty extensive engraving done on the slide. I have decided to make it a nebraska cornhusker glock. I will post pics of my sketch's and progress. I have no funding for this project right now so its going to be a long on going project.

Should look pretty sweet when its done though. It will be a completely custom glock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
WELL, heres to the start of a long, EXPENSIVE project. Decided on the following so far. Going to get the new lone wolf frame and a SS lone wolf slide in a 45. auto.

Going to have some pretty extensive engraving done on the slide. I have decided to make it a nebraska cornhusker glock. I will post pics of my sketch's and progress. I have no funding for this project right now so its going to be a long on going project.

Should look pretty sweet when its done though. It will be a completely custom glock.
You mean a completely custom, patterned after 'Glock's' design gun.....!!! :whistling:
I guess that begs the question...is it 'perfect' because it is made by glock, or is the glock design that makes it perfect!!! :dunno:

Keep us posted......good luck, I'm curious to see how you come out.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I fixed that for you, after all you do want it to be "perfect" don't you? :tongueout:

oh sorry i thought you said perfect glock.

then it would be orange and white and have a big steer across it!!!!:tongueout:

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hard to beat the Tru Glo TFO sights, the best of both worlds with Tritium and fiber optics. I have a set of Ameriglo Ghost ring with a fiber optic front that I like.
I was going to get a set of the TFO's for my G17 but I backed out when I heard there were quality controll issues on these. Many people have had problems with these sights from what ive read. Their warranty on these is pretty shady also, Checked in on that myself.

Cool design though and they look good too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey Smitty! Nice Avatar! Anyways, I just thought I'd let you know (if you don't already) www.glockstore.com has steel or aluminum frames for about $320 each. Not sure if you were firm on your choice of the lone wolf frame! I just thought they were kina cool!

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Smitty! Nice Avatar! Anyways, I just thought I'd let you know (if you don't already) www.glockstore.com has steel or aluminum frames for about $320 each. Not sure if you were firm on your choice of the lone wolf frame! I just thought they were kina cool!
Yea, I seen those. I didnt really like the looks of them. The new ones from LW are $199.

·
just me
8,213 Posts
if it is all aftermarket parts frame -slide -barrel ... how will it be a glock ? :faint:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts