close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Building a Glock for IPSC Open division...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by -, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Guest

What should be the base Glock? A G34 or G35? What should be the accessories and other gadgets I should put on it to make it compete with the other open blasters out there?

2. marvin

marvin sci-fi nut

i'd get a new 34 then get a 6 inch kkm 9x21 or 9x19, depending on whether or not the bod allows 9x19 as a major caliber or not then i'd get an optma red dot a THE magwell, a stainless guide rod. for a comp i'd get a 1911 design that works(maybe a limcat) and then thread it on to the six inch barrel. i wouldn't do much to the trigger just polish it up some. with a taylor plus ten mag pad i'd get 28 in the gun or more.;b

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

What gun to start with depends on what you want to end up with. For the best high performance gun start with a 3 pin G17. We have built lots of open guns so if you need any other help drop us a line.

4. Guest

Can the 9x19mm reach major power factor or should I go with .40?

5. PhilD

PhilD Millennium Member

If you go with .40 in open you will be at disadvantage straight away, as you can get more 9's in a mag. USPSA *may* allow 9x19 in open as a major caliber in the near (or distant) future, otherwise you are looking at 9x21 or 9x23. 9x19 can be loaded to make major, but it is a lot easier to do it with one of the Super 9's, 9x21, 9x23, or 38Super, .38TJ, etc.

6. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

9x19 can physically make major but USPSA does not allow it to score major. YOu will need 9x21 or 40.

7. Guest

Will 9x19mm be allowed for IPSC (not USPSA) open? (since here in the Philippines, we follow IPSC rules.)

8. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

The only requirement you have in IPSC Open division is that the bullet weight has to be at least 120 grains(Major), bullet width/caliber 9mm and major is 160 PF. So yes you can use 9x19 in the Phillipines to make major in the Open Division.

For more details go to the following link and select divisions.

http://www.ipsc.org/