close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Building a DRY FIRE Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hunterwarrior, Dec 29, 2002.

1. hunterwarrior

hunterwarrior

Is there a way to modify a Glock so that the trigger acts like a DAO revolver? If there is a way to do it, one could have a much easier time dry fire practicing. This mod wouldn't be for actual live fire, just dry fire. It would be great if one could just drop in a special part that would make the gun function this way for practice.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks HW

2. njl

njl

It can be done. I've dry-fired a 17 modified for beam-hit use that would reset without cycling the slide. The owner wouldn't let me see the internals, but did say it was not functional for live ammo.

The trouble is, it felt absolutely nothing like a Glock trigger pull.

3. PostalGlock'n

PostalGlock'n

If you insert something into the striker channel that would limit the forward movement of the stiker just enough so the trigger would reconnect when released, you would have your dry-fire Glock.

It could easily be converted back to stock.

4. bullseyekp

bullseyekp

The Glock trainers (at least the red one I played with) had some sort of replacement spring/mechanism inside the rear housing. This was about a year ago and I just bought my first Glock about two weeks ago so I couldn't tell you exactly which part it replaced. Maybe it was a pure add on? A Glock armorer might be able to get one for you or maybe you could call Smyrna to get one? But then again, they might not want them getting out in the public's hands because their $500 trainers might become partially obsolete.

5. WadeP

WadeP

I saw the inside of a 17P? (the red one) and there was a second spring that came down off the bottom of the slide stop. The exposed leg of the spring served to push the trigger forward. Pull the trigger, it goes click, release the trigger and the spring resets the trigger. The trigger pull was horrible. I'd guess 10-12 pounds. Probably something else involved as well. I'll try to get a second look at it and post any updates.

6. G21-30

G21-30

7. JBA111

JBA111

this would be nic for the laser blaster target shooting practice. let us know if anyone finds out.
    The rack the slide is great for trigger practice, but does not let one go from target to target shot to shot unless you short rack the slide.

8. Guest

I thought the CGR guy said they were making something like this to drop in our Glocks....

9. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Its something we are working on, but other projects have taken precidence lately.

10. hunterwarrior

hunterwarrior