close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buggered my sear spring...cheapest way to get it back to stock?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Laramie In MT, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I've got a SA Loaded Champion.

I've detail stripped it nearly a dozen or more times, never an issue. On the last time, I can't exactly remember the sequence of events, but on of the 3 bars of the sear spring got bent, and I tried to put it back into the spot it "was", but soon thereafter realized that I probably completely messed up the trigger lb. pull.

Forward on to a range trip a few weeks ago, hand a guy my Champion for him to feel it, he pulls the trigger and says, "Wow, that's really nice, you must have had work on it."

Now, it seems to break at the same spot consistently, but it does feel noticeably lighter than my other 1911, so I'm thinking that the sear spring is no longer factory.

It's my understanding that sear springs are not and cannot be purchased in a "drop-in" state. So, will I have to send the whole pistol in, or is it possible to buy a factory tuned sear spring by itself?

I'm hesitant to carry the gun anymore for CC just because if it's been lightened, then according to Murphy's Law...when SHTF and I need the gun, the sear spring will fail at the most inopportune time.

Thoughts?

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010

3. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT