Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

10mm Philosopher
Too many variables to speculate....sounds good at first blush, but better have some serious armament, as a small sailboat would draw instant attention from predators
The Caribbean equivalent of Somali pirates. :faint:

Better have something on the boat ready to rock that's belt-fed. :50cal:

10mm Philosopher
* * * * Leaving me without any money. What about getting health care outside u.s.? Cash and carry I imagine.
Screw health care outside U.S. borders. You're taking major risks with non-U.S. drinking water, unsterilized needles, and sleeping on not-too-clean bed sheets. (Foreign bed bugs are like mini-Crocodiles).

And it absolutely will be 'cash-n-carry' in a real-world SHTF. Always is ...

So you need to adopt my Grandfather's 'Depression philosophy' toward money: 'screw the banks!'

If there's a panic run of customers trying to withdraw 'emergency' cash when the event hits, it's already too late. You'll never get your money out. The Feds will order the banks shut down and secured even if the resident manager didn't ordered it at the outset ...

Best to have a goodly amount of cash (maybe several thousand $$$ worth) in small bills stashed/hid where you can quickly and conveniently access it when the ballon pops - especially in a major financial center like NYC.

Remember, in a real-world SHTF event, the guy with a fist full of hundreds and a Glock 19 on his hip gets whatever he needs first.

10mm Philosopher
Yep. I鈥檓 one of the 鈥淪tay put and defend if at all possible鈥 crowd. * * *
Pretty much all the neighbors are on the same page. Stay put, defend and help each other.
Ya know, anymore and after many years of hearing all the 'bug-out'/'bug-in' arguments, the perspective of 'stand & fight' (if it comes to that) carries less risk than turning you and yours into refugees at the mercy of whoever/whatever ...

The most secure BOL might be the one where you are, if you've prepped it correctly.

Now, if you've already established a well-stocked and secure BOL some distance away, it's incumbent that you're able to 'read the tea leaves' and get out early and get there BEFORE the thing officially becomes a thang - and well BEFORE your fellow citizens turn themselves into highway-choking refugees who make your exit impossible. Being lost among a mass of fleeing refugees is worse than being chased by a horde of zombies.

10mm Philosopher
Except if you have to leave you better have a place to go already picked out. Sometimes you don't have a choice but to leave (natural disaster etc).
That's correct. And what I said above applies generally to disasters, natural and man-made, although I had more of the latter in mind.

In the case of Hurricane Flo., we'd have been out 2 weeks before it became the main story of the news cycle.

Reactions: starfish86
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.