Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Depends on the problem. Assuming for whatever reason, you cant stay in place, and the problem isn't weather related. A boat could be a viable plan.

Do you have a boat?
Do you know how to operate a boat?
Do you really know how to operate a boat?
Do you have several potential routes ftom your location to where you might store a boat?
Can you be locked out of that site?

If you at least have a boat large enough to be lived on for a bit, it could be a good backup.

If you dont have a boat, make plans for escape with a vehicle. Dont buy equipment that will only be used someday. Get things you'll actually use, and can always be useful.

If you're getting a boat anyway, may as well stock extra supplies.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Currently don’t have a boat. I grew up sailing on my Father’s 30ft. sailboat. So realistically I would need training and certification to do the sailing required to bug out into deep water or sail through the Caribbean. To be able to afford a boat large enough to realistically use as described I would have to sell my condo and live full time on the boat so if I were home I would be on the boat already.
Training is a good plan.

If you want to live on a boat, go for it. I've heard it can be fun, though cramped.

Dont make the purchase of a boat solely for bugout purposes. It should be able to work for what you want, but there may be a detail thats missing somewhere. Go for some classes. Talk to people ( in person ) try it out.
At the very least, you'll have new skills.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.