Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26,142 Posts
let's see...
a) we have the most powerful military in the world, so we're not getting beat from the outside

b) more than 50% of American are decent, good people who believe in the principles our nation was founded on

c) Far less than 50% are lawless leftists who wish to destroy our country

I for one, prefer to stand and fight. I think the odds are with us.
He lives in enemy territory- that’s the problem...

And on top of that (drawing on knowledge of the populace of DC suburbs) many may not be the enemy but they also don’t have weapons which becomes a problem.

·
Registered
26,142 Posts
Whether it's in a boat or an RV you should have a place already picked out to bug out to. That presumes you are prepared, know what your are doing and have already been to the place(s) you intend to bug out to so no surprises.

I've RV'd all over the country. I have places picked out north, south, east and west that I've been to and am familiar with. The same would hold true on a boat. Showing up cold to a strange place is a gamble.
Good points...but I think most people here left that planning w/ the back up mags they don’t need to carry

·
Registered
26,142 Posts
Once my obligations up here are done I have a few friends with boats. One is an open fisherman with no cabin so that wouldn’t work. I do however know someone in the palm beaches with a fifty foot sailboat he races. After making this post I researched a forty foot sailboat which would be the minimum in my mind and used ones can be had for anywhere from 140,000 to 600,000 depending on type and setup. I haven’t been on much given how busy I have been here but this gives me something to research in the evening once things settle down.

Their are obviously many things to consider such as will I have access to my money in/outside the u.s.? If I open a foreign bank account and report it to the IRS would they seize foreign accounts belonging to Americans during a large scale national emergency? Leaving me without any money. What about getting health care outside u.s.? Cash and carry I imagine.

Like has been mentioned there are many variables.
Healthcare in most places abroad is cash/ carry and much cheaper on regular things...however I’m a proponent of being self sufficient in medicine and knowledge of how to use it.

Drinking water is an easy thing to overcome. As long as it’s not salt water, Potable Aqua tabs from Walmart do just fine...

And about banks/ money. Having cash on hand is a good thing. But precious metals and ammo can be even better if society totally fails. Someone may have a stash of foods and has run low on ammo protecting it and may be willing to give you and your peoples a small meal in exchange for some ammo...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.