close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buffalobore 380 +P

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by jason.223, Mar 5, 2010.

1. jason.223

jason.223

Just got 2 boxes of buffalobore 380 +P 90 grain hollow points

I get home "from calbellas" one box has gold dot bullets...the other just a standard JHP bullet. hmmmm

I know on buffalo site they use golddot bullets. I wonder if anyone know how old the other bullet/ammo is?

Anyway I will post some chrongraphing tests with this ammo out of my ruger lcp soon.

Jason

2. ronin.45

ronin.45

I know that all the boutique ammo shops have been substituting other bullet designs in when they can't get enough gold dots. Don't let it get you down. Unless you were buying the rounds specifically for the GD's it shouldn't be a big deal. They will both perform well. I'm intereted to see your chrono numbers out of the LCP.

3. glocksterr

glocksterr DirtyGlockHippy

thanks for the heads up. if i was buying that JHP ammo, yes it would be for the GD.

dont you know your not supposed to run +P in your LightweightCr@pPistol.

:supergrin:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  4. PghJim

PghJim

The non-GD bullet is probably Montana Gold. That is what BB has been using as a substitute. I got hit with the same thing buying 40 S&W 155gr bullets from BB. The website showed GD's, but they were MG bullets, which do not perform nearly as well. I will not be buying from BB for a while.

5. jason.223

jason.223

PghJim

No they are not montana gold. The bullet looks like a sierra bullet to me. I have been reloading for 20 years now. Seen alot of bullets and I know its not a montana gold.

rain in AZ today and tomorrow. I am hoping I can go out tuesday to chrongraph them

Jason