close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buell XBRR?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Mad Ryan, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Mad Ryan

Mad Ryan

So I've been thinking about Buell's XBRR machine and the fact that it's competing against machines half it's displacement. I think it's bogus that they rewrite the rule book so that Buell can race their antiquated motor competitively. Buell should make a modern engine that fits existing rules and compete with that.

What do you all think?

2. davew83

davew83 hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

too bad they didn't re write the rules about the engine, the rules for Form X have always been liquid cooled I4's to 600cc, liquid cooled twins to 750, and air cooled twins to 1350, or 1400 cc.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I think the XBRR's brouhaha is somewhat overblown. In order for an antiquated engine (aka aircooled twin of some sort) to compete with a middle-class watercooled I-4 is to have more displacement. My one beef with the XBRR is that it has little in common with the rest of the Buell street bikes.

And yes, I think that the Buells are excellent chasses wasted on that engine. Throw in a Rotax V-twin and it'll go toe-to-toe with Aprilia and Ducati and Honda V-twins.

4. Clydeglide

Clydeglide

Competing? DNF's and an 8th place 47+ seconds behind the winner competetive? I think not.

They need more than just twice the displacement to overcome that gap.

:cool: