Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Long Range Guru
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone order from buds gun shop and if you did would you recommend them?

·
Semper Paratus
408 Posts
Not personally but the 5 or so friends I know that have almost only buy from them. You can find a good price from them every now and again and shipping is not bad.

·
Long Range Guru
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not personally but the 5 or so friends I know that have almost only buy from them. You can find a good price from them every now and again and shipping is not bad.
Their offering free shipping right now.

·
Tank44
593 Posts
No problem here. I ordered a 1911 and it arrived in 4 days.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I bought 2 new S&W M&P 40s from them, and a few mags and had NO problems at all.

Everything came as promised and as they said it would, and they had the best prices, and they ship you order fast, they are hard to beat.

I saved $80.00 on each gun, and that's even after my 25.00 transfer free.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've bought every online gun from them and always will. They have a massive inventory which is always changing. They also use a live system where prices and inventory are automatically updated. They are located about 5 hours from me so shipping is quick. Their prices are good.

However, the one thing I liked was my favorite FFL was on file. All I have to do now is buy the gun and I don't worry again until the FFL calls me. Very smooth process.

·
Semper Paratus
408 Posts
I saved $80.00 on each gun, and that's even after my 25.00 transfer free.
Not hijacking the thread but I wish someone local to me would only charge 25 for transfer. Cheapest in my area is 45 and one of the big shops charges 75 plus 10 percent of the total retail price of the gun if it's a piece that can be normally brought in by the shop.

·
Registered
8,767 Posts
Not hijacking the thread but I wish someone local to me would only charge 25 for transfer. Cheapest in my area is 45 and one of the big shops charges 75 plus 10 percent of the total retail price of the gun if it's a piece that can be normally brought in by the shop.
The only hijack is the FFL robbing cash from your wallet.

FFL's are businesses and can charge what they want...you can also go where you want.

My FFL's goal is to get as many guns in the hands of as many legal buyers as he can. He is a gunsmith, so he has almost no inventory; so of course people are more than willing to bring him smith business based on his practice.

My last fee was $10

As for Bud's...only bought one firearm...smooth process. friends have bought many..never a complaint

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Check with pawn shops. All the gun shops around here want $35 or more. I found a nice little pawnbroker who does $20 transfers.

·
Semper Paratus
408 Posts
Check with pawn shops. All the gun shops around here want $35 or more. I found a nice little pawnbroker who does $20 transfers.
It's sad though, I've seen plenty of deals through Buds and other online dealers I would have jumped on. I'm sure there is a pawnshop that is in the cheaper end of the spectrum I have yet to find. Now WA state has the FFL's charge tax on the sale even for guns coming in from other states. So it's a balance of finding the right FFL and paying 9.8% to the Gov.

·
Registered
620 Posts
buying from buds will be very boring.
you'll select and pay.
a few days later, your FFL will call and tell you its there and for you to come pick it up.
repeat as required.

·
Banned
1,650 Posts
I am contemplating buying a PTR-91 from them soon, unless I get an AK-47 at this weekend's gun show.

·
15,498 Posts
I buy so many guns from Bud's that I have one of their credit cards so that I get the "Cash Discount" price. They're top notch, unlike, say, GunsAmerica.

FFL tranfers in my area run from $15 to $25 if you stay away from Gander Mountain.

·
Long Range Guru
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear about your ffl dealers jacking up their prices on you guys, Steve at adco firearms is a hell of a guy and I couldn't imagine transferring through anyone else.

·
awesome sauce
396 Posts
only interaction is have had with bud's was not good. i emailed them to inquire about an item, no response. week later, email them again, no response. week later, send off another email, no response.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I've bought several guns from them now over the years. They're legit. My usual FFL owner complains about their prices, though. He keeps talking about not taking transfers from them anymore, because he "can't compete with their prices, and they undercut everyone."

He also goes on and on about how Bud's is going to lose their dealer status for Glock because they sell the guns too cheap, and on and on. He complained about it so much the last time, I haven't transferred anything through him since.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts