close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buds Black Rifle Auctions

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Chonny, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Chonny

Chonny

Check out their black rifle auctions.

Ruger SR556 for 2200 bucks with 13 hours left.

2. glocked1

glocked1

only a nutjob would pay that.

3. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I suspect there are quite a few nutjobs out there then. If they can't keep them on the shelf for the inflated charges that are being made.

The only bad thing is, when retailers do that, it leaves a very negative opinion in the minds of their clientel. In the short term they make a lot of money. In the long term, they lose customers. Well, that is, customers with a memory span longer than 2 years, anyway.

4. ignantmike

ignantmike

any awb that happens...(if).....will be over when repubs get back in the pres.

5. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

Not really. Some folks have enough disposable money for it not to really matter. I think it is a bit irrational, but if they are panicking and have the money, more power to them.

Feel happy for the seller.

6. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

I wouldn't bet on that.

IMO, the democrats aren't too eager or willing to replay 1994 and give the repubicans the Senate in 2015. That's why the bamster appointed a commission, put Biden in charge, and said they would announce something toward the end of January. So they can let the feverish pitch die down. If they really wanted gun control, they would strike while the iron is hot.

7. vtducrider

vtducrider

I think there is a good chance of a AWB in the near future. The details are in flux of course, but I bet AR-15's will have some sort of restriction if not banned completely. I have enough for myself so I am not participating in the buying frenzy. There is a good chance that the nutjobs might come out ahead, when a current $700 AR goes for $3K after the AWB is passed and signed into law.

8. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

You are underestimating Feinswine. She learned her lesson from the last AWB. If a new one passes you can bet there'll be no sunset and that the language will be changed to address function. Whereas the last one only affected combinations of cosmetic features.

BTW the old bat's been working on it for over a year.

The question is can she get enough traitors occupying Congressional seats to pass it? I think the Senate is a lock and of course Odummas will sign whatever hits his desk. The key is in the House. There may be a republican majority, but a bunch of those are squishy and missing backbones.........or character.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  9. BEER

BEER bad example

2200 for an "assault rifle" is in the realm of nutjob spending? this forum is infested with people that regularly spend more than that on 1911's, suits, and watches. none of those things are in danger of possibly being banned......yet. if the people buying these guns at these prices can afford it then they're not nutjobs, a little naive or even panicky maybe but not nutjobs.

now me on the other hand, in order to spend 2200 right now i'd have to dip into my bill money because i'm not touching my emergency fund for this situation. doing that, now that would qualify as a nutjob move.

10. goldenlight

goldenlight

Then why wasn't the original AWB repealed sooner????

It was allowed to EXPIRE, but Bush didn't do anything to make it be 'over'.:dunno:

11. exmdshooter

exmdshooter WWJMBD?

Wife's grandson just paid $2500 for a Colt 6920 at the local show. :shocked:

He's been jonesing for one for years, but couldn't justify the $1100 or so expenditure... so he waited. Now this.

Supply and demand. Can't blame the sellers under the current circumstances, and for those who want one of these things... well, it's all a matter of how badly you want it and what you think is going to happen in the coming months...

12. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

I agree with this. We have already seen the beginnings of 'buyers remorse' on the part of Conservative Dems. They never figured the Bammster would rear his gun banning head after loosing 40 years of dominance in the Congress as a result of the AWB in '92.

The question is: How much does BHO believe the mainstream media's prodding that his cool, hip, black demigod status will help turn the corner on the gun control agenda?

13. slims00ls1z28

slims00ls1z28

I went to the local gun show and panic buying was in full swing. 1500$ for bare bones wally world bought AR's? That's crazy. I'm a little torqued about the frenzy because I had plans to buy a .308 AR around feburary-ish. Now that this hit and the prices skyrocketed I won't be. I'll deal without and let those pay 2K+ for a couple of them and buy it from them in a couple years at half the cost once all the hype dies down and realize they won't be getting rich off them.