Budget gun belt

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by cubbyjg, Mar 14, 2010.

1. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

I need some help from everyone in finding a gun belt that doesnt cost a ridiculous amount of money. Ive seen so many that are $75-$120 and i refuse to spend that kind of money on a belt even if it was made by Gucci or something. Does anyone know of some belts in the $30-$50 range?

2. Ironbar

Ironbar

3. frankmako

frankmako

the 5.11 belts are good. they run $25.00 and up on ebay and $35.00 plus in gun stores. i got one years ago and it is good as the high dollar gun belts.

4. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech-Looper-Belt-Series-pr-1250.html

The Looper Belts Series is a U.S. made, Kydex® reinforced premium cow hide leather belts. Blade-Tech has made a name for itself by making some of the best thermoformed plastic holsters available on the market today. The same high quality material that is used in many of their holsters gives the Looper Belt Series its structure and vertical rigidity. The belts are made not to flex or breakdown under the weight of a weapon worn for concealment or competition. The seemingly casual looking design of the belt helps with overall concealment of a carry weapon. The Looper Belt Series of quality belts by Blade-Tech are lightweight and are produced in such a way as to eliminate stretching for the life of the belt.

SIZING INSTRUCTIONS -- Belts are sized in actual inches around your waist and then we add length into the belt to accommodate an Inside the Waist Band holster. If you measure around your waist (without a holster or another belt on) with a tape measure and you get 38 inches, then you would order a size 38 belt to accommodate an IWB or belt holster. The Belts come with seven holes instead of the standard five. The size of the belt will be measured to the center hole. This allows greater flexibility in the wearing of the belt. If you do not plan on wearing an holster, then we recommend that you order one size down for a more precise fit.

Our Price: $44.95

I have no experience with Looper belts but have read a lot of good reviews of them and 44.95 seems like a good price.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

5. crash09

crash09

The Wilderness Instructor Belt is in your price range. I've worn mine nearly every day for over a year now and it still looks and works great.

6. Slacker

Slacker Millennium Member

Try a local leather shop. I have a belt that came from one of those booths set up in the mall. It is well over 15 years old and is holding up great.

7. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

+1. I'm wearing one right now and the quality is outstanding for under $50.

8. g2023

g2023 Guest

Uncle Mike's also makes an instructor belt, around $25.00. I've had mine about a year, great so far.

9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

It sounds like you want leather..

I would never get the blackhawk leather belt.. search here. Now their "instructor" nylon belt gets good reviews.

For leather, on that budget, I'd get an Aker B21. It's a good, quality belt w/ a polymer insert to reinforce the belt.

http://www.copquest.com/24-0500.htm

You don't know what you're missing buying high quality leather. B21's are nice, Beltmans are fantastic.

After that, I'd get the normal, Wilderness Instructor 5stitch.. great belt.
    IGF

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  10. cubbyjg

cubbyjg

Awesome, thanks for the input everyone. Ill check these out.

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Search passive101 posts in this forum...

I'll just leave it at at that.

12. oldsoldier

oldsoldier

Try here: http://www.raftersgunleather.com/ Keep in mind that these are some of the thickest belts you can get and so might be tight passing through the loops of some holster. They're about 1/4" thick.

13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

REALLY research companies you recommend... I'm not saying you didn't have a good experience, but there were some significant problems there last year that popped up on numerous gun boards. To the point some alleged they were taking orders with no intent of delivering the product.

IGF

14. dagwag77

dagwag77

15. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I've got a buddy who has a Sig 229. He carries it in a gun show nylon and velcro holster. $800 gun in a literally $20 holster.

I've never understood buying nice stuff and then wanting to be cheap when it comes to comfort.

You do realize you'll go through two or three cheaper belts before you would have worn out a good one and end up paying more over time, right?

16. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

I have been using one of Bianchi's for several years now and it has held up very well.

17. toddmog

toddmog

The Aker will likely be my next belt if I don't spring for one from Crossbreed. I've had a Looper for around a year and a half. They won't see another penny from me. When it finally arrived, it was huge. I ordered a 46...the smallest hole was 47". After trying to contact them for 2+ weeks, I finally added extra holes myself. It has held up okay, but their customer service is lacking.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  18. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

The Aker is a good belt, I always recommend it for the "budget gun belt".. I had one about a year, and lost it while moving. Then because I'm an idiot, I went through a series of poor quality "custom" belts(rather than just buying another Aker). After about the 3rd junk "custom" belt I got.. I finally just went w/ a Beltman, and am thrilled w/ the quality of it.

The Aker is not the quality of a Beltman, or Rosen, etc.. but it doesn't cost that either. It would be very much in line w/ any other mass produced, high quality belt(Galco, etc..)

IGF

19. benaires

benaires High Commander

+1 on the Bianchi belts. I have a #B5 and a #B27. Both have been great, provide a lot of support, are comfortable, and were $30 to $32 each.

20. camdz

camdz