close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

budget friendly shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Wp.22, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Wp.22

Wp.22

any recomendation re budget friendly shhoting glasses around the budget of less than 2k. thanks

2. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

The Kontrol safety glasses used to cost only P900, not sure na ngayon. I used them for a good while before getting my first RP Kerosene. You can find them at Twin Pines or Hahn yata.

Meron din Wiley-X for a little bit more than 2K. True Weight or Guns for the good guys mo naman makikita 'to.

There are cheaper safety glasses sa Ace hardware. Medyo jologs ang dating but you get to go home with your eyes intact. ;)

3. Wp.22

Wp.22

sir, how about those Fury brand glasses are those any good. I saw then at twin pines MCS at about 1.3k?

4. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I don't know if its a good idea, but i have shatterproof regular glasses (you pay a little extra but the optician heat-treats them and thickens them or something, and when they drop, they don't shatter or even get a scrape.) I used to use those plastic shooting glasses but actually my regular shatterproof eyeglasses are thicker. They have been hit a few times by hot shells coming back,and no problem.

Eye Cutter, is this advisable?

5. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

ante: polycarbonate prescription glasses are available locally. it's expensive but worth every cent you pay for them.

wp.22: don't scrimp on protective glasses and safety equipment. ma minsan ka lang, yari ka na!

look for the kontrol brand at hahn manila, inexpensive and within your budget. mga medium range prices na glasses and goggles you can try the bike shops in Marikina and Pasay. Try looking for Cat-eyes brand. Sa high end glasses/goggles, rudy project, oakley, carrera, etc. Mahal pero it will last a long, long time (except the oakleys in my experience).

make sure it is ANSI Rated and made out of polycarbonate ang lenses para shatter-proof

6. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Instead of shopping for shooting glasses at a gun shop checkout a construction supply store or wholesaler. There are some pretty cool designs available these days that pass the ANSI standard. Polycarbonate lenses hold up the best.

You may not be able to buy from this company where you live, but here's a link so you can see some styles. Click on the different brands under "Glasses".

http://www.northernsafety.com/personal_protective_equipment/eye_protection.cfm

7. Amateurknight

Amateurknight

Im using the Fury brand now and have been hit numerous times with no scratches or chips so far...not bad for the price.... sat on them once too...;f ...Although Im sure there are better ones out there for more buck

8. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

my first was a kontrol purchased at hahn during one of the gun shows. it came with another pair na pang "DOM" free and a cool case. a couple of years later, i bought ANOTHER KONTROL because the first one served me well . . .

9. 9MX

9MX Rei!

hey! so that's why you look good in your kontrol shades. the "DOM" pair suits your salt and pepper hairdo;f

10. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

b...b...but i gave the free DOM shades to you. :) kinukulit mo ako eh, hingi ka ng hingi, sinusuot mo pag dumadaan ka sa all girls high school on your way to work;f

11. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

I also remember someone recommending inexpensive shooting glasses sold at Urban in Shangri-la, but I can't recall the exact name of the brand. It sounded like Umex, Umarex or something.

12. 9MX

9MX Rei!

yeah right! trying to pass the buck huh?;e

13. toxic

toxic