close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buddy's 12 yr old son bags his 1st deer...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by rfb45colt, Oct 7, 2004.

1. rfb45colt

rfb45colt safe-cracker

.... and it's a 140 class 10 pointer!!!

Every summer, I and about 10 or so friends of mine, have 3-D archery shoots. We have a course set up in the woods behind a friend's house, and there are 20 differant 3-D archery targets, that we shoot at from varying positions and ranges (laser range finders are verboten!). A friend's son, Jake, has been shooting with us since he was 8 yrs old. We've all been encouraging him and coaching him... especially his dad, who is probably the best shot with a bow amongst us. The kid has soaked it all in.

Jake is now 12, just completed his hunter safety course (which in his case, was just a technicallity to get his license) and this is his 1st season of deer hunting. Last Saturday evening, Jake and his dad were in a 2-man "buddy stand", and Jake took an awesome 10 point buck, with an 18 yard shot. He's the "talk of the town", and he has 10 very proud "surrogate fathers". :):):)

I'll add a picture to this post, when I get one. I've seen the deer, and the taxidermist (who is an official Pope & young scorer) has green-scored it at 142. Not too shabby for a kid's 1st deer... but knowing Jake and his dad, not that big of a surprise either.

2. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Congrats to that little hunter!
    I'm truly happy for him.... it is really a blessing to see a kid hunting, bow or gun, and to see his face when he gets his first game!

Keep it up!
    Take a kid hunting!

CanyonMan

3. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf SHEEP DOG

Thats is AWESOME!!!!!

I can understand your pride and can only imagine how is dad feels.

Good joob guys, start 'em young and keep the heritage alive!

Stay safe

Grey Wolf

4. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I wonder is Jake thinks it will be like this every time out.;e