Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· NRA Life Member
13,819 Posts
Very nice! Deer of a lifetime. Nothing better than hunting with my daughter. We were out yesterday and killed a pair of nice fat does. TC Encore with 100 gr of loose 777 and a 250 gr TC Shockwave at about 40 yards. Bang Flop...took the top half of the heart off...plumbing was wrecked. The other doe was the same except she ran about 30 yards before piling up. Luckily she ran in the right direction instead of into the creek with the steep sides...LOL
Plant Fawn Grass Beak Terrestrial animal

· Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
@IowaLefty

What will the taxidermist and the meat processor set y'all back?
Taxidermist is $535 and the meat processing we do ourselves. My daughter and I skinned and hung it overnight. Then we cut it up this morning before we had a great lunch of inside loins and blacken brussels sprout. My wife packages everything for us. Tonight, we are feasting on deer heart ceviche, bacon wrapped liver and some grilled tenderloin wrapped in deer cull fat! Sharing with friends of course, with a couple cold beers!

· Registered
27 Posts
Don’t know if my daughter will ever shoot a bigger buck. But, what a great morning! She was able to come home from college to hunt the early muzzleloader season here in Iowa and take this great buck. Had this buck come in around 8 am and she made a perfect double lung shot. I was fortunate enough to be sitting in the stand and able to share this experience with her.
View attachment 1122001
Don’t know if my daughter will ever shoot a bigger buck. But, what a great morning! She was able to come home from college to hunt the early muzzleloader season here in Iowa and take this great buck. Had this buck come in around 8 am and she made a perfect double lung shot. I was fortunate enough to be sitting in the stand and able to share this experience with her.
View attachment 1122001
I WANT ONE:)(y)

· Registered
Have several, want more.. Glock 19 gen 5, 43X, 43X MOS, [email protected] EZ 9mm, P80 compact and others.
174 Posts
Wonderful memories, Super dad, Great daughter, Fantastic 7 point (western count 7 + 6) buck. I grew up in Newton then family moved west to Washington when I was 12 and now finishing my days in AZ. (been here 10 years) after living in Oregon close to 50 years, all good!

· Huge Member
12,379 Posts
I was with my daughter when she took her first deer (nothing like that buck however). Congratulations to her, awesome buck.

Reactions: IowaLefty
21 - 40 of 44 Posts