close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BTF....It aint just Glock !

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hearsedriver, Jul 16, 2012.

1. hearsedriver

hearsedriver

Did any of you watch the new series "Combat Pawn" last night? Its about a pawn shop/gun store. Pretty good. Anyway, there was a guy test firing a Desert Eagle 50 cal and every shot was putting brass to the center of his forehead. The guy was bleeding like crazy. I'll take a 9mm case to the head anytime over a 50 cal !

2. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Of course not. Check out this M&P

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAgRihaXDh4&feature=fvwrel"]S&W M&P9: "Proven Excellence" by Nutnfancy - YouTube[/ame]

3. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Hmmm, I bet not many people from here look at the Desert Eagle Forums or S&W forums.

If there are any. lol

4. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Yeah, I saw that.... funny....

On a side note... for an "ELITE" group of "EX" military gun store employees, they sure can't shoot or communicate with respect. Chain of command folks. Stupid show, it'll be over in a few episodes due to lack of content.

5. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Which is why they think it's specific to Glock. Like all of the BTF started with a magical manufacture date with late Gen 3's & 4's in general.

6. DocWills

DocWills

Please, everything but a taget gun will drop brass from here to eternity. I really liked the hk p7 but wow gas fired brass flies a loooooooooong eway.

7. Z71

Z71

The only one of my various semi-auto's to BTF me is my gen2 G19...it frequently beans me when it ejects the last round in a mag...ejects fine otherwise.

Seriously...I got guns from really old milsurp and police trades up to new this year guns and calibers .22 to .45 and not get btf...even my WWII P38, which ejects brass the wrong direction don't hit me.

My 'new' 1914 vintage Steyr chambered in 9mm Steyr has the neatest ejection pattern...throws the brass straight over your head to land about 3 or 4 feet behind the shooter. I set an empty clay pigeon box behind me at the firing-line...and the ancient pistol would shoot bullseyes and box it's own brass. The perfect range-gun..plus your range neighbor doesn't eat your brass...uhhmmm...we can call that NBTF(neighbor brass to face)

8. CaneyCat

CaneyCat

What channel was this on? I can't say I have seen it advertised any where.

9. 3/4Flap

3/4Flap

If the poor performance of another pistol is being used to justify the poor performance of a Glock, well, things for Glock Perfection sure have changed.

Of course other pistols may exhibit eratic ejection or BTF...but that only means they should be fixed if they do...just like a Glock that does similarly.

Really, anyone who defends Glock based on bad shooting characteristics of somebody else's guns is really reaching.

But do other pistol designs produce BTF?

Of course they can. I remember a friend's old rattletrap cop-trade-in SIG P226. Brass went everywhere, left, right, up, down, back, with quite a few hitting him in the face causing him to more or less wince when he shot the pistol.

Solution?

Same as with a Glock; get rid of the gun or have the company fix it.

10. sglock45

sglock45

Gen 2 17 all 18 in a nice pile about 3 feet to the right :p

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. di11igaf

di11igaf ibew

Is there something wrong with a glock that fires 9mm NATO ejecting almost every round at 6:00, with one or two ejecting to the left every single mag? Or is this normal and acceptable?
    Saw some of the show last night, that manager seems like a real ******.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

13. PAGunner

PAGunner

Kodiak has been posting this same ole video over and over again. I agree something is wrong with the gun and no doubt S&W would make it right.

The difference between Glock and every other company that puts out an occasional lemon, the other companies make it right and Glock KNOWS it has a serious problem with BTF but refuses to acknowledge and correct the root cause.

Every issue S&W M&P has experienced since it's inception, S&W has corrected, including most recently the trigger.

14. RevDerb

RevDerb

The bleeding forehead was the only part of the show that I found even remotely entertaining or worth tuning in a second time for. Bleah!

15. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

What are you talking about? That's the first time I've posted that video...and it was done to prove a point. There are so many variables that can cause BTF...shooter proficiency being one of them. It's not just relegated to only Glock. The way some of these threads read on this board, it would make any new Glock user think that anything past a magical manufacture date or SN# is guaranteed to have problems, and that's just not the case. I'm not just throwing stones at S&W ....I own one remember?

[​IMG]

Do I have BTF issues with my M&P? No I don't ....but I don't have it with any of my six G19's or 26 either. I also bet I don't have it with my 23C (whenever i get around to shooting it). I concur that S&W customer service is outstanding, but so is Glock. If we are going to nit pick, S&W has yet to address the inherent accuracy issues in some FS MP9's.

16. mongo356

mongo356

I have a nib M&P 9 that launched 3 empties in 150rds to my forehead. Factory 115 & 147gr ammo.

I chalk it up to stuff happens, i'm not doing a knee jerk and demanding something is wrong.

17. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Tru tv. I tried to record it tonight and the guide was wrong and hardcore pawn was on instead. I think I would like combat pawn!

18. Soilent

Soilent

I'd rather my gun eject brass on my head than not eject at all. Just my 2 cents.