close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BSA or BEC scope

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by vega, Apr 22, 2003.

1. vega

vega

I'n not very familiar with hunting nor with scopes. I saw an ad at shooter's for a BEC 3-9X44mm lighted reticle for $49.97. Does the scope needs battery for the light? Or this is just an add on cosmetic which I can do away. Also there's an ad for BSA 3-9x50mm for $39.97. Are these good scopes, not comparing to Leupold or B&L.
    This will be use on 22LR rifle.

TIA,
    vega

2. Scott H

Scott H Guest

You don't need a 44mm or 50mm OL for a .22lr. With optics, you get what you pay for. That being said, for about the same money I'd get a Simmons over either of those two. That is if the scope is going on a range gun that's not going to be knocked around much.

Just a quick search turned up a Tasco in the same price range that will serve you better than a BEC or BSA http://search.cartserver.com/search...tegory=Optics&maxhits=20&keywords=o03scopeta2

3. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

For the value, Tasco makes some decent entry priced scopes.

Many people don't speak highly of BSA.

But I've seen a good amount of positive feedback about Simmons too.

4. 3MartiniLunch

3MartiniLunch Vegan Slayer

there's a 10-point buck laying dead from a gut wound somewhere in the woods of SW Virginia thanks in part to the Simmons scope that sits(soon to be "sat") atop my muzzleloader. 6" low & left at 50 yds. for no particular reason. I won't use another Simmons for big game, but I wouldn't discourage you from putting one on a .22

5. vega

vega

Thanks for all the replies, guess I'd go with the 3-10x44mm Tasco which is also advertised. Why the 44mm on a 22LR, why not, it's out there to be purchased.:)

vega