Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at some GB Kahr listings, a Bryco Arms opportunity surfaced:

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/8678...aign=Browse Abandonment&utm_content=Message 3

Not sure I like the linking of Bryco to Kahr, but who am I to question GB’s algorithms?

I had not heard of Bryco before, but Wikipedia said you can’t spell Bryco without J-E-N-N-I-N-G-S, so I was at once appalled and captivated. The Bryco LOOKS like a nice little pistol. What is the story?

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
They’re pretty much junk.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What was the intended market? Hi-Point aims at the low-end market, but all accounts are they work. What was the reason for the brand’s existence?

Reactions: larry_minn

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
What was the intended market? Hi-Point aims at the low-end market, but all accounts are they work. What was the reason for the brand’s existence?
They were very low end guns,
They existed because not everyone could afforded a better gun.
They filled a nitch in the market place.

As far as Kahr,
A P9 has been my trusted edc.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Bryco = Jennings = Jimenez = pure unadulterated crap.
A few years ago my nephew (not a gun guy) brought a Jimenez to the annual norton post thanksgiving feast gun range shoot.
I had never heard of Jimenez.
It was a pile.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Bryco = Jennings = Jimenez = pure unadulterated crap.
You can also add Phoenix Arms to that list. There is a reason the name has changed so much, the guns are dangerous to shoot. It's the only gun I know of that you can call me a gun snob over, I wouldn't have one.

Reactions: -JCN-

·
Rat Powered
168 Posts
I had a Bryco .380 for many years. Paid $60 for it NIB in 1992. It ran reliably, even with hollow points. Never shot it much though, a magazine here and there every few years. It mostly sat in the safe, forgotten about after I'd been able to afford better pistols.

In the summer of 2013 I took it out to run it a bit. About the middle of maybe the 4th mag the slide locked back. FTL? I racked the slide, fired a couple of more rounds and it locked back again. I dropped the magazine and rolled the pistol over to look at the ejection port. I found a big crack running across the top of the frame.

I'd put maybe 500 rounds through it in the 20 years I owned it. In that time I'd become aware of the Bryco/Jennings/Jimenez reputation and the lawsuit, so I wasn't surprised. Still, it was my first handgun, so I was a little sad. I cut it up with an angle grinder and recycled the pieces.

·
Registered
126,343 Posts
I had a Bryco .380 for many years. Paid $60 for it NIB in 1992. It ran reliably, even with hollow points. Never shot it much though, a magazine here and there every few years. It mostly sat in the safe, forgotten about after I'd been able to afford better pistols.

In the summer of 2013 I took it out to run it a bit. About the middle of maybe the 4th mag the slide locked back. FTL? I racked the slide, fired a couple of more rounds and it locked back again. I dropped the magazine and rolled the pistol over to look at the ejection port. I found a big crack running across the top of the frame.

I'd put maybe 500 rounds through it in the 20 years I owned it. In that time I'd become aware of the Bryco/Jennings/Jimenez reputation and the lawsuit, so I wasn't surprised. Still, it was my first handgun, so I was a little sad. I cut it up with an angle grinder and recycled the pieces.
I’m surprised it lasted 500 rounds, honestly. Consider yourself lucky

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
Yeah it’s all the same crap built in California
Actually I think they got run out of California after being sued so many times.

·
Premium Member
10,054 Posts
It's not worth the effort to fill out the paperwork for. If you're looking for a descent 380 pocket or small pistol, look at a Bersa thunder 380cc. I owned one for a few years and it was pretty reliable.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts