close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brushetta recipe anyone?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Critter, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Critter

Critter Patriot Customs

I'm getting ready to plan out my garden, I already know I need lots of tomatoes, but what else do I need to grow? Anyone have a good recipe?

Eddie, don't make me put you on the spot, anyone who can knab the cheese cake recipie should be able to get a good Brushetta recipie also.

2. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Bruschetta, also called Fetunta ("oily slice") is little more than slices of toasted italian bread rubbed with a garlic clove and drizzled with olive oil. It's the authentic garlic bread.

All you need is a good loaf of bread preferably from an artisan baker. Those loaves of "Italian" bread at the supermaket will crumble when rubbed with garlic. You need a loaf that's a bit more dense than that.

I also like to top mine with a little fresh ground black pepper. Another nice additional topping is fresh chopped tomatoes and arugula.

3. 9mm4me

9mm4me

fresh basil, garlic, good olive oil, tomatoes for the basics. Feta cheese and toasted pine nuts are good too.

4. Critter

Critter Patriot Customs

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of the tomatoe based topping. My sister usually brings me down some when she visits, but I want to make my own.

5. USPMAN

USPMAN

Chop tomatoes, dice basil, and mince garlic (don't crush it). Place in berry strainer with some salt. Meanwhile, rub good bread slices with olive oil on both sides and broil until golden, flip, and repeat. Top toast with your tomato topping and enjoy.

6. noway

noway

I perfer alittle bit or oregano dice and added to the brushetta.

7. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I thought that bread rubbed with garlic drizzled with oil was crostini?