Brush / Attack Truck build

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by sandhiller, Mar 12, 2007.

1. sandhiller

sandhiller NRA member

Those are 2 fine looking outfits FireCop. Yes, spray bars are in the works. I built two ports in the manifold for them and am planning on being able to operate them from the cab also. I think they would be real ticket in some situations. I am looking around for some nozzles that will do what I want them to or maybe just make them myself. What did you use?

2. FireCop-G19

FireCop-G19

We buy them from the Colorado State Forest Service, and I'm not sure where they buy them. They are brass, 1" thread, and have a notch cut in the side towards the top. The notch is at a slight downward angle to make a nice 90* fan pattern that aims down slightly. At the department I was on prior to this one, we made some out of pipe cars, and cut the notch in them ourselves. They worked well for what they were.

Again, nice job! The fab work looks great, and the finished rig looks like it has a lot of tool and appliance storage area.

3. sandhiller

sandhiller NRA member

Thanks for the info, as soon as I get the lines run up front, I will start experimenting with making some nozzles that work for us. I got a couple fan nozzles from the same place I got the truck but they have too much flow. They were used for runway wash down with a very high gpm / low pressure pump. They have a decent pattern but I can't get the flow down where I would like it to conserve water.

4. sixer

sixer Guest

Very cool build. Thanks for sharing it.

5. backwoods113

backwoods113 Guest

just curious...but have any of you seen the project responder build at projectresponder.com. Its not really quite the same idea as the true brush tanker trucks shown on here but definitely a neat brush truck none the less. Little over done if you ask me.

those are some awesome builds yall have though:thumbsup:

6. Tvov

Tvov

This was the first I'd heard of it. Yes, it is over done by more than a little. I was just surfing their webpage, and I couldn't find any pictures of its firefighting equipment !!!! Hoses, pumps, does it have anything?!

Looking at it from another perspective, though, I guess it has a big "neato" factor for promoting fire departments.

7. backwoods113

backwoods113 Guest

in a few of the pictures from the photo album you can just see over the tailgate where there is a small tank with a hose and pump. I'd sure hate to meet that thing at night running code....talk about going blind:shocked: