browning x bolt just a few checks away

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by youngvr4, Feb 11, 2010.

1. youngvr4

youngvr4

a few weeks ago i had a thread on the 7mm mag and its flat shooting accuracy.
    i had found a browning 7 mag with a leoupold scope on it for $695

gun had a few cratches on it and the scope was binged up.

so in conclusion i have done some research and have decided to by myself a brand new browning xbolt in 7mm mag....my good ole pops is gonna by the scope for me, he'll be spending somewhere in the $500 range.

so if anyone has something bad to say about these rifles, speak now or forever hold your peace:supergrin:

2. LanceOregon

LanceOregon

The X-Bolt is an improvement over the older Browning A-Bolt, which has a great reputation as being an excellent rifle. I have seen some factory A-Bolts shoot incredibly well.

The actions are super strong and easy to operate. The bolt lift is so little, that you can really reload very fast with a little practice. For the long haul, I would recommend investing in a stainless model if you can afford it.

Caliber wise, a .270 Winchester would be a much better choice, in my opinion. For anything smaller than Elk, the .270 will do just as good a job in terms of shooting flat and hitting with great power. The ammo is far less expensive, too.

And you can actually buy high performance .270 Winchester ammo that will for all practical purposes match the 7mm Magnum in performance. Just look at Hornady's new SuperPerformance ammo line. It shoot just as flat as the flattest 7mm Remington Mag loads, and is almost as powerful.

Doubletap Ammo also has some incredibly powerful and flat shooting .270 Winchester loadings. If you wanted to hunt really big game like Elk, consider their loads using either the Nosler 140 gr Accubond, or Nosler 150 gr Partition bullets.

The X-Bolt is an excellent choice in my opinion. Only other similar rifles that I would consider if I were you would be the Remington 700 XCR, or the Sako A7.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-xcr.aspx

http://www.sakoa7.net/