Browning Hi Power

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hotpig, Sep 26, 2007.

1. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

Are these guns user friendly for us?

2. tjbert47

tjbert47 Always Armed CLM

As good as any other gun made for a righty.

Tom in TN

3. Erich

Erich Millennium Member

C&S ambi safety helps.

4. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

"Are these guns user friendly for us?"

So long as thumb is not overly long the OEM Ambi works well enough. Saves the expense of getting an aftermarket one unless pistol is old enough not to come with current ambi.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

5. calglo

calglo

Yeah, I have one. It comes with an ambidextrous safety. The mag release and slide stop are for righties, though. I have trouble with the slide stop. I am curious as to how lefties open the slide on a Glock. Perhaps there is an easier way.

6. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

"The mag release and slide stop are for righties, though. I have trouble with the slide stop. I am curious as to how lefties open the slide on a Glock. Perhaps there is an easier way."

Try using one of the knuckles of the trigger or index finger to operate the P-35's mag button. The springs for it are the same as for a 1911, so may use reduced-power Wolff springs if needed. Brownell's sells a "Try-Pak" of the several different weights.

If you use one of the extended slide-stop levers available for Glock, it's fairly easy to catch it by using the "Hand-Over" method, with one of the fingers by simply holding it up against the slide until it snaps into the notch. Use same to do & practice all Malfunction Drills & Speed/Tac loads, etc. If not in a hurry or just at the Range, etc. grasp the slide, again hand-over, but as if using same to chamber a round, just slide left hand down grip a bit and use pad of trigger finger to push lever up into notch. Important to hold the slide hard and motionless while pushing the receiver forward with the back of the palm of the hand. {assumes it is in the lower position}