Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order with Brownells and the parts I ordered were defective, I returned them for credit because they had no more in stock for a replacement.
Brownells gave me credit for the cost of the parts and my cost for postage to return them. They did not credit me for the original postage for the order. Does that seem right??

·
Kilted Muppet
2,232 Posts
Standard practice. Brownells is a good company to do business with. Don't worry about it. They stand by their stuff. That's why they credit return shipping.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had good luck with Brownell's and I am not bashing them. Its just that I was wondering why I should pay shipping for defective items.

·
Kilted Muppet
2,232 Posts
You paid shipping to receive the parts, they are paying (crediting) you to ship them back. right? I'm sorry, I don't see a problem. They are not required to reimburse you for the original shipping cost. Check their return policy, it may be there.

·
Instructor #298
3,644 Posts
If you buy a defective item at wally world, then return it, do expect to get gas money from them?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Matt I could go into business and ship defective merchandise charge more than actual cost to ship then its returned and I credit actual cost for return and pocket the balance. I'm not saying it happened in this case but I did pay more for delivery than the return. Oh if wally world tacked on a delivery fee I think I would expect to get a refund if the merchandise was defective

·
INFRINGED
42,213 Posts
I think if they shipped you defective parts they should cover shipping both ways...just my .02
I would think so. I've ordered a lot of stuff from Brownells, and always been pleased. The dealer discount doesn't hurt either.

My Brother got reamed on an item bought from another online dealer through Amazon. With repeated phone calls to the seller that went unanswered, he contacted Amazon. Amazon paid for shipping both ways, and my Brother got every cent back.

·
NRA Member
225 Posts
So Matt I could go into business and ship defective merchandise charge more than actual cost to ship then its returned and I credit actual cost for return and pocket the balance. I'm not saying it happened in this case but I did pay more for delivery than the return. Oh if wally world tacked on a delivery fee I think I would expect to get a refund if the merchandise was defective
The reason why it was cheaper to send it back was because its cheaper to ship to a business than it is to ship to a residence. Thats how it is with FedEx and UPS anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts