BROWNELLS, New item for GLOCK mags.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dhoomonyou, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Habu

Habu

interesting, one of those "why didn't I think of that" kind of ideas...

don't know how usefull it would be, though, most pistol mag pouches are made in such a way that you can grab enough of the mag, and pistol mags are smaller and lighter than rifle mags...

I'd also want to know that they are as solid as regular Glock basepads...

2. Sertory_glock

Sertory_glock

3. HenrySCTN

HenrySCTN

Might be ok for the old non drop free type.

4. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

Agreed. Just what I want to do, make my concealed carry hardware larger. I can't think of any logical reason I could possibly need or even want these. mags are already about half way out of the standard mag pouches. I'm sure there will plenty of ninjas ordering them up, ASAP.

5. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

Maybe to do an easier tac-load or reload w/ retention in competition.

6. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

No, I shoot a fair amount of competitive matches and wouldn't think of it. They would be more like something to fumble around with and slow you down. Like I said, the mags are half way out of the pouches already and there is plenty to grab onto, more than enough. I want a solid hold on the MAG, not a rubber gizmo wonder part. No thanks.;)

7. Rebel_James

Rebel_James

They'll sell a cajillion of 'em, cause the word 'TACTICAL' is included in the description!

Rubber-coated floorplate with finger loop replaces the factory floorplate of your 9mm/.357/.40 Glock pistol magazine to give you the added 'TACTICAL' or competitive edge of faster mag changes. The easy-to-grasp loop aids in quick, positive extraction from tight mag pouches and helps you hang onto a partially expended magazine with just a finger after a tactical reload. Also gives the lower fingers a convenient rest for a more solid grip on subcompact models like the Glock 26/27/33. Made of polymer resin and no-slip Santoprene® rubber to cushion the magazine from impact when dropped on concrete or other hard surfaces. Available in 3-Paks.

8. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

I've never used one so I cannot attest to their function but I can speculate that there may be a way to speed up TL or RWR wile using this product.
    You COULD STICK YOUR FINGER THROUGH and let it drop while still retaing it while you seat the new mag.
    Just a thought.

If some gamer figures out how to make it fast,we'll start seeing a lot of them. ;)

9. jbirds1210

jbirds1210 Willwork4ammo

Just attach it to one of these and it should speed up the retention part. Just my gamer thoughts.....

[​IMG]