Glock Talk banner

Brownells line of retro ARs

3621 Views 73 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  pipboy344
Copy and paste the link, for some reason it isn’t working when clicked. https://www.brownells.com/aspx/general/clientpage.aspx?bapid=606
Reactions: halfmoonclip
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· NRA Life Member
75,785 Posts
I like the XM177E2. I actually modified the second Colt I ever owned to look more or less just like that, with a slip-over CAR/XM-177 flash hider.

Reactions: faawrenchbndr

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d like a 602, if they can get the parts mil-spec. Current parts are incompatible with some vintage ones, and the modern polymer furniture doesn’t look or feel correct. Thicker and heavier.

· Come on man!!
20,184 Posts
Not at the top of my want list but these are pretty cool and one day I will own the 602 and the XM clone.

· Semper Paratus
31,451 Posts
meh would rather see an Hbar .. 1x12 barrels have seen their best days .
I do like the Dutch AR 10

Reactions: Valmet

· Semper Paratus
31,451 Posts
Reactions: APERS and lazarus66

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes I shot them , with 62 grain bullets they were meh.
I rarely shoot 55 grain .223 anymore
I like the below much better

I’d like one, can’t find any in this state or NC. Other than some ******* in Columbia with a poorly built PSA clone who kept going on about how it’s a collectors item because he used Colt furniture on it.

· M62/76
14,816 Posts
I built a 601 clone 2 years ago and while the Brownells 601 looks pretty correct, the stocks look too light-green to me compared to real 601s. But I’m being nit-picky.

The 7.62 Dutch AR looks sweet! I’ve already contacted John Thomas (Retro Arms Works) to see if he can do 1955 “Hollywood” AR-10Bfront-site posts and beer-can flashiders.

· Premium Member
42,447 Posts
Having owned an AR back then, I'm much happier with the modern versions.

Funny how some folks want what's been discontinued.

I’ll have to agree. I really like the M16A1 I first shot in Basic, but I LOVE my Knights Mod 2.
Kinda like comparing a sixties Corvette to a brand new one.

Reactions: vafish
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.