Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Curses!

Just kidding but I'm dead flat broke right now and I've wanted another triangle handguard/A1 pattern AR since I sold my last Sendra build 30 years ago. Really love the retro look with the weedcatcher flash hider and green furniture.....

Grumpy

·
NRA Life Member
68,962 Posts
I like the XM177E2. I actually modified the second Colt I ever owned to look more or less just like that, with a slip-over CAR/XM-177 flash hider.

Reactions: faawrenchbndr

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d like a 602, if they can get the parts mil-spec. Current parts are incompatible with some vintage ones, and the modern polymer furniture doesn’t look or feel correct. Thicker and heavier.

·
Semper Paratus
29,274 Posts
meh would rather see an Hbar .. 1x12 barrels have seen their best days .
I do like the Dutch AR 10

Reactions: Valmet

·
Semper Paratus
29,274 Posts
Reactions: APERS and lazarus66

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes I shot them , with 62 grain bullets they were meh.
I rarely shoot 55 grain .223 anymore
I like the below much better

I’d like one, can’t find any in this state or NC. Other than some ******* in Columbia with a poorly built PSA clone who kept going on about how it’s a collectors item because he used Colt furniture on it.

·
M62/76
13,144 Posts
I built a 601 clone 2 years ago and while the Brownells 601 looks pretty correct, the stocks look too light-green to me compared to real 601s. But I’m being nit-picky.

The 7.62 Dutch AR looks sweet! I’ve already contacted John Thomas (Retro Arms Works) to see if he can do 1955 “Hollywood” AR-10Bfront-site posts and beer-can flashiders.

·
Premium Member
42,337 Posts
Having owned an AR back then, I'm much happier with the modern versions.

Funny how some folks want what's been discontinued.

I’ll have to agree. I really like the M16A1 I first shot in Basic, but I LOVE my Knights Mod 2.
Kinda like comparing a sixties Corvette to a brand new one.

Reactions: vafish
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.