close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jfkuchta, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jfkuchta

Jfkuchta

...I see a pissed off Glock 19 owner looking at me. So I was hesitant to purchase Brown Bear ammo due to the cheap price, but I read so many reviews of people having no problems, so I took the leap. I bought 200 rounds of 115 grain 9mm from Cheaper than Dirt. Well, here's how the first 100 went - failure to feed on 85 rounds, 1 stove pipe failure to eject, and 10 dimpled primers/no fire. All 10 shot on the second try. The gun was also freshly cleaned before shooting. Sooooo, did I get a bad batch, or has anyone else had problems to this extent? This is completely unacceptable and I'm hesitant to waste time trying to shoot the other 100. Interested to hear any thoughts.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Glock+2

Glock+2

3. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

Life's too short & precious to waste time with ****ty ammo.

4. Icelander513

Icelander513 rocket surgeon

As the bluehairs say in Florida: BINGO!

5. cciman

cciman

I've fired cases of brown bear 9mm through G19, with no issues at all.

6. .38 super

.38 super Observer

Again, hate to bring it up, but my SR9 eats it like a candies...Brown bears, wolfs and whatever Russian animal you feed it...Never had a malfunction with it, nor with my 226x5...:cool:

7. MikeG36

MikeG36

If you want to shoot cheap WWB $21 at Wally World w/ no shipping.

8. GlockMaster10mm

GlockMaster10mm

My Gen4 G19 loved Russian Brown bear ammo. Not one problem at all. It eat right thru it. I think my G19 loves that cheap Russian junk ammo.

9. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

There is nothing wrong with Brown bear. It's hotter than some Remington loads.

10. jakejeter16

jakejeter16

I've shot around 500 rounds of Brown Bear over the last two weeks. It is absolutely FILTHY ammo but I have yet to have a problem with it and at about $9 a box it can't be beat.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

I've fired 600 rounds of Brown Bear through my new Gen 4 G 17 in the last two weeks. That gun seems to love the stuff, with no failures whatsoever.

12. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:shocked: What a perfect internet thread! 'Mine works'; but, 'mine doesn't.' I often find myself wondering why on the internet, 'Up' never actually means, 'Up'; and, 'Down' seldom means, 'Down'? The trouble with Russian ammo is that not all of it comes from the same arsenal. Some batches are manufactured here, and others there.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=268

(Even these Russian ammo sources will change from time to time. It all depends on what's for sale and from whom at any given time.)

http://www.ak47world.com/ammo.html

'Most who have shot Barnaul and "Bear" side by side, say that "Bear" ammo is put together with components that aren't good enough to wear the Barnaul name. Barnaul appears to be the 'top dog' among Russian ammo makers and they may all at different times buy components from Barnaul.'

13. Genin

Genin 19k & 11b

jfkutcha,
    Dude you're giving me flash backs to that damn book. My kids were obsessed with it forever!

14. TexasGlockster

TexasGlockster

Agreed. Shoot Speer Lawman. Inexpensive (relatively) and yet really solid ammo.

15. novasquid

novasquid

+1 on the speer lawman, it gets consistently good reviews and is cheap.

16. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:shocked: Now, see that!

Every time I purchase Speer, 'Lawman' ammo the price seems to be higher than it should; and, when I open the box, I always find lots of tarnish on the casings. (Neither am I overimpressed with the, 'wallop' of these cartridges.) Personally, I'd rather shoot Federal, 'American Eagle' or even CCI, 'Blazer Aluminum' before having to use, 'Lawman'.

(Lately, 'Blazer Aluminum' has been firing through my Glocks without leaving any sort of noticeable powder residue behind - Amazing! But, then again, I do Molykote my pistol barrels; and this might be a factor; but this past weekend when I switched to Remington, 'Green Box' I watched as my muzzle-ports started to turn black and began to soot up.)

17. roadkill46

roadkill46

17 and 19 eat barnaul, tula, BB, wolf like candy. occasionally take one to the forehead but i don't care, wear a hat for gods sake. bought a case of tula cheap online, makes great range fodder, plus zombie killer, i wouldn't want to be hit by one! some guns like them, some don't. shot 200 this past weekend and they gun was not that dirty as with some others, i was surprised since some of the other tula was filthy. QC there is not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.