Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Slide would not open after chambering a live round. Fired it & several other rounds and then it FTExtract a fired shell casing. Slide would not open but I was able to remove slide from the frame and push the spent shell out of the chamber with a cleaning rod. The pistol (Glock 27 with LWD .40 to 9mm conversion barrel & no other mods.) works fine with Win White Box and Remington green box. The Brown Bear ammo works fine in my G-17 & 34 except for 1 dud round out of about 200 fired.

What would cause this? Not using a 9mm ejector? Some problem with the steel cased shells?

·
20,441 Posts
Could be out of spec rounds, could be the steel casings, could be the .40 caliber extractor. Ditch the trash ammo and use something reliable.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I bet it s the shape of the bulllet.Lw barrels are notorious for short throats and tight chambers. Take the barrel out of the gun and drop a live round into it and see how far it goes into the chamber. The take a WWB and do the same and compare.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Maybe the extractor is the problem. The live round & then the fired shell were locked in so tight that I could not pull the slide open. I did not know the 9mm & .40 extractors were different.
I'll just shoot up the rest of the Brown Bear (800 rounds) in my 17 & 34.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I bet it s the shape of the bulllet.Lw barrels are notorious for short throats and tight chambers. Take the barrel out of the gun and drop a live round into it and see how far it goes into the chamber. The take a WWB and do the same and compare.
Thanks, I did not know this about the LWD barrels. I will try your suggestion. I guess I could send it back to Lone Wolf and ask them to ream out the chamber.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i have had no problems with tula 9mm in my LWD 40-9 barrel so not all steel cased ammo is a problem. i havent tried brown bear though.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have had no problems with tula 9mm in my LWD 40-9 barrel so not all steel cased ammo is a problem. i havent tried brown bear though.
Maybe the Brown Bear is out of spec like Danny suggested. I don't have calipers to measure it with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts