Bronze Grease, Tennifer, Etc...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 4949shooter, Apr 6, 2020.

1. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Hey Glock fans....

Should I remove the bronze grease out of my brand new Gen 5? I am told that Glock puts it there for a reason. I didn't bother reading the manual, but I heard you were supposed to remove it prior to shooting. Why is it bronze anyway? Is it a Loctite product or not? Will it stay on my Glock forever if I don't clean it off? Someone help me with this as I am really confused.

Does Glock still use Tennifer? Why does my Gen 5 look purple? And there are marks on my Gen 5 that I don't see on older Glock models. Is the Tennifer wearing off? I thought Glock finishes were indestructible. Is this the so-called "frying pan" finish?

My Glock says "USA" on it. Are the Austrian Glocks better?

Why does the Glock 17 hold 18 rounds but the Glock 19 only holds 16?

Is the Glock 21 better than the Glock 20 for defense? I hear the Glock 20 is too powerful for FBI shooters, but the G21 lobs the .45 ACP in like a mortar.

Will my Glock 22 Kaboom? Why does this only happen to Glocks?

Why is the Glock 45 a 9mm? Shouldn't it be chambered in .45?

When is the Glock carbine coming out?

Why can't I shoot lead through Glock barrels?

Are Glocks better than 1911's? I hear the 1911 withstood the test of time. Maybe I should get one of those instead.

Where is the single stack 10mm? We have been waiting a long time for it.

Are Glock magazines plastic? Won't they come apart?

How do I get a Blue label Glock?

I carry my Glock in a warm environment. will sweat damage my Glock's finish?

should I carry my Glock with a round in the chamber?

Are all Glock malfunctions caused by limp wristing? This is what they are saying on the forums.

Glock Perfection. Are Glocks perfect?

2. BangBoomSmash

BangBoomSmash

3. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

What if my bronze grease is copper?

boilergonzo and 4949shooter like this.
  4. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Or spun Gold?

5. jmohme

jmohme

Mine came with titanium grease.

4949shooter likes this.
  6. Mike-M

Mike-M

Tennifer was used only on Glocks made in Tennessee. They were lubricated with Kentucky Jelly.

boilergonzo, 4949shooter and Paul53 like this.
  7. dbuck47

dbuck47

That about covers it. Live long and prosper!

4949shooter likes this.
  8. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

9. BigMoneyGrip

BigMoneyGrip

According to some news outlets, some of the bad guys have a 45mm glock. I'm waiting on one of those.

4949shooter likes this.
  10. Kentak

Kentak

Good post. Thanks for the chuckle.

Steady Glockin and 4949shooter like this.
  11. Danielsuzuki

Danielsuzuki Happiness is where you find it

Let’s see here...

Should I remove the bronze grease out of my brand new Gen 5? I am told that Glock puts it there for a reason. I didn't bother reading the manual, but I heard you were supposed to remove it prior to shooting. Why is it bronze anyway? Is it a Loctite product or not? Will it stay on my Glock forever if I don't clean it off? Someone help me with this as I am really confused.

clean it off or don’t, it really doesn’t matter.

Does Glock still use Tennifer? Why does my Gen 5 look purple? And there are marks on my Gen 5 that I don't see on older Glock models. Is the Tennifer wearing off? I thought Glock finishes were indestructible. Is this the so-called "frying pan" finish?

It’s a different process, it hardens the metal surface into the steel. Nothing is indestructible. My finish is wearing off due to draw practice. No rust, no worries.

My Glock says "USA" on it. Are the Austrian Glocks better?

No.

Why does the Glock 17 hold 18 rounds but the Glock 19 only holds 16?

The Glock 19 is a compact version of the original Glock, the 17. Due to a larger grip it holds an additional 2 rounds.

Is the Glock 21 better than the Glock 20 for defense? I hear the Glock 20 is too powerful for FBI shooters, but the G21 lobs the .45 ACP in like a mortar.

same gun, different cartridge. I’m a huge 10mm fan so I carry a g29. It’s roughly 50% more powerful than .45acp depending on load.

Will my Glock 22 Kaboom? Why does this only happen to Glocks?

It doesn't only happen to Glocks.

Why is the Glock 45 a 9mm? Shouldn't it be chambered in .45?

Gaston Glocks naming conventions are often unusual, the G17 was first, based on it being Gastons 17th patent. Every model to come after is listed chronologically, with the exceptions being the 19x and the 44 in .22lr

When is the Glock carbine coming out?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Why can't I shoot lead through Glock barrels?

you can, you just have to clean the CRAP out of that polygonal rifled barrel. Big Problems will occur if you don’t.

Are Glocks better than 1911's? I hear the 1911 withstood the test of time. Maybe I should get one of those instead.

subjective.

Where is the single stack 10mm? We have been waiting a long time for it.

you and me both.

Are Glock magazines plastic? Won't they come apart?

the base plate can be removed with a punch for disassembly. Clean them every few hundred rounds or so.

How do I get a Blue label Glock?

with your badge number.

I carry my Glock in a warm environment. will sweat damage my Glock's finish?

moisture and humidity rusts things made of metal. Glock is better than most at finishes.

should I carry my Glock with a round in the chamber?

Absolutely - at least if your betting your life on it.

Are all Glock malfunctions caused by limp wristing? This is what they are saying on the forums.

no. But Glocks are more susceptible due to the fly weight frame I imagine.

Glock Perfection. Are Glocks perfect?m
    Nothing is perfect kind sir - excepting God.

I hope this is helpful to the op.

12. Zerodefect

Zerodefect I feel pretty.

My girlfriend said Glocks have an unsupported chamber. I told my girlfriend that my Glock supports just fine.

If your Glock comes lubed with BLUE antisieze, you get to tour the factory! Umpa loompas, piles of french fries cooked in vats of Fireclean gun oil, spoiled airsoft kids, and darkside cookies.

13. L-2

L-2

I also get annoyed with the "Which gun should I buy?" questions. How the hell should I know and what do I care? Some people will carry a larger Glock, like a G34, while others only carry a G42. It's not like I'm your salesperson and will get a commission on what you buy.

I'm sorry if someone is currently financially-challenged, but many of us do end up with more than one Glock if they want, just give yourself some time. Just decide which one to own/buy first.

Edited to add:
    The moderating on Glocktalk has changed over the years and it's been difficult for me to get used to it. The extreme is if "Glock" is mentioned in the post or thread at all, the thread stays in "General Glocking". You could probably have a thread about which socks you should wear when shooting a Glock and it would stay in General Glocking; or even if Glock isn't mentioned, if the thread has something to do in a General Firearms nature, but could be used on a Glock, the thread ends of staying in General Glocking; e.g., holsters and sights don't seem to consistently get moved to "Carry Issues" or "Sights, Optics, & Lasers" as in the past. Threads entirely regarding lubricants also seem to stay in General Glocking. I think it downgrades the General Glocking sub-forum and Glocktalk.com is not better for the easy-going moderation.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    4949shooter and RockingtheGlock like this.