Broken pin surprise

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cadillacguns, Jun 12, 2020.

1. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Well I just decided to give my EDC Gen 2.5 G-27, a total take down, inspection, cleaning, and quick lube, before putting it back on duty protecting me and mine.
    Its an old “BSA” serial number .40 I have been carrying as a BUG to my Gen 3 G-22, or as an EDC.
    Well my locking block pin came out in two pieces, dang...I have been carrying and shooting this puppy since the mid 90’s, you rarely see me outside the house without it.
    Holding 180 gr Winchester PDX-1 in it, I have shot thousands of rounds through it. I did have the slide release spring break once, and I have replaced my RSA a couple times, but this was a surprise.
    No worries mate as I had three, now two and two thirds sets in my parts box.
    Anyway all’s good now, but you just never know, or know how long it was broken?

2. Bradley T

Bradley T

Yep, 2nd time this week I've heard a story like that. Another guy I know said he broke a trigger pin during a match once. He was able to finish the course. I guess it just felt a little weird.

3. ActanonVerba70

ActanonVerba70

A good reminder to periodically inspect Glock pistols.
    (EDIT: or any firearm for that matter)

Thanks.

Spartan24, yep380 and GlockyQ like this.
  4. walkin' trails

walkin' trails

Glocks are Glocks, but they will still break, especially the.40s. I never saw a broken locking block pin, but I’ve seen a few broken trigger pins as well as one broken locking block. That later pistol was a 27 that may have had 200 rounds down the pipe. When the trigger pin on my own G27 broke in half, it caused a really harsh, gritty trigger, but still worked.

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Short locking block? We had problems with some of our Gen 22s doing the same thing. Only saw 1 broken trigger pin. Made pull erratic and HEAVY.

6. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Yeah, I was tapping it out right to left, and knew it was busted as half fell out. Like I mentioned I did have 3 replacement sets.
    I clean it after I use it, but had not given it a full takedown since I don’t know when.
    All’s good now, I have carried it all day today.