Glock Talk banner

Broken G19 slide

4835 Views 30 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  WayneJessie
Have an chance to purchase this G19 slide. Is this something that Glock will warranty? I have no idea what happened to it.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,861 Posts
Glock told me that they actually get quite a few like that. As others have said, they have usually been dropped. I didn’t ask what the price to replace it would be.
High mileage Glocks with few if any recoil spring changes have been know to hairline crack there. Supposedly the Gen4 recoil spring design lessens the issue.

· Registered
6,861 Posts
Dishonest, immoral, to buy a broken piece and expecting Glock to replace it at a deal.

Encouraging of Abusing the incredibly good customer support system will eventually ruin it for the rest, or the future.
I would disagree. It’s up to Glock to make the determination as to the legitimacy of the claim. Given that Glock had admitted to an average of about 65% profit on every gun they sell, replacing a slide for a customer is some of the cheapest and most effective advertising they can get. EVERY time nowadays that customer gets treated well by a gun manufacturers CS they blab it all over every forum on the net. You don’t get better or cheaper advertising than word-of-mouth. Ruger is the same way. They’ll gladly fix screwups(many times) that are no fault of theirs just to get the great testimonies of their customers. That’s why their CS has the rep of taking a back seat to nobody.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.