Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an chance to purchase this G19 slide. Is this something that Glock will warranty? I have no idea what happened to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Reactions: Chui

·
Just sayin'
4,642 Posts
If Glock can't get you a free replacement or a replacement from Glock is expensive, consider buying an aftermarket slide. Might just be worth it. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly, I was just shopping around on an auction sight and came across it for a somewhat OK price. Depends if Glock would warranty it or not. Just looking for a slide too put on a extra frame that I picked up from a friend.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd pass on that pending purchase , unless it has great sights and you can get it for $50.00
No, It's a stripped slide. guy wants twice what you suggested. Think I'm gonna pass on it.

Reactions: happie2shoot

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
If Glock will give the OP a new one for free, why doesn't the current owner arrange that same sweet deal? Why?? A new Glock slide would be worth $300, and if one could be had in exchange for the scrap shown here, why does the current owner NOT make the exchange?

Glock would not have allowed the current owner to keep this piece of junk if the current owner has already received a replacement from Glock. So...again...why does the current owner not arrange such a great deal, if it is so certain to be offered?

I'm going to suggest that it is highly unlikely that Glock will replace for free a totally destroyed slide that some knucklehead sends in out of the blue without including the frame of the original *matching serial* frame. Glock warantees pistols, not pieces-parts.

OP...run away from this. The slide has absolutely no value unless you've got the serial matching frame to send in with it.

I just killed the Dream. :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Have an chance to purchase this G19 slide. Is this something that Glock will warranty? I have no idea what happened to it.
That break at that location on the slide is characteristic of a slide dropped onto a hard surface, and we were shown such in my last armorer's class.

Depending on how it lands when a slide is dropped, the spring retainer can break off as that one did, or a rear slide rail can be bent or broken right off.

There is no repair for either a break or a bend (no, if bent it cannot be bent back and have the same structural integrity as the original per Glock at the armorer's class) and a broken slide such as that one is not covered under warranty, at least as of my last armorer's class.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.