close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Broke My Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by piperdown, Nov 24, 2006.

1. piperdown

piperdown

My issue Glock 22 packed it in last week, cracked slide on the right side near the front of the ejection port. Was issued new in 2000, and I have just short of 32,000 rounds, all factory, majority WinClean 165 gr.. Glock Rep up here said he's seen a few in .40 and 9 break in the same spot but usually higher round counts. Have a brand new one, but she's not the same:sad:. Can anyone advise on similar problems? At least she lasted 3 times longer than my Beretta :thumbsup: .

2. Midas

Midas

Never had that problem but Myrails sheared off on my g22.

Glocked fixed it right away.

3. piperdown

piperdown

I've seen 3 that had the left side rear rail shear off. Glock had a recall a couple of years back for that very reason. The gun's that did break were not in the recalled guns ser # range. What I like is when they do break, they usually keep functioning.

4. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

That breakage is a new one on me. You're one hell of a high volume shooter for a cop to pack in that type of round count. In fact, you probably have the world LEO record.

5. JWP

JWP

+1
    got cop friends and most are happy to shoot 200/yr for quals

nice to know that some shoot enough to be able to hit what they aim at under stress

6. Dryanta

Dryanta cat /dev/random

It's cool but has downsides. I was at the range earlier today and a cop was next to me in the stall to the left. His brass kept hitting me in the face, it was pissing me off. But, his groups were TIGHT right in the head and the center of mass. There was nothing that he shot that was not a kill, it was one ragged hole. He was wearing a Taz t-shirt that said freedom ain't free. :rofl:

7. piperdown

piperdown

I'm not surprised to hear the unfortunate fact that most cop's north and south of the border don't get enough trigger time. I find that in Canada the cop's that do shoot are fairly dedicated (usually IPSC or IDPA) shooters, but they are few and far between. Our Tac guy's (which I'm not) rack up high round counts, but they are the exception. I'm just fortunate enough that my regular duties allow me the benefit of plenty of range time :)

8. noway

noway

{At least she lasted 3 times longer than my Beretta .}

I wouldn't be quick to bash beretta, I can take you to two ISPA shooters that shoots 9mm and 40sw 92s and they have easily over over 50K and more rounds.

If you breaking berettas at a low count and a G22 as only 32K rounds I would like to know what the heck are you shooting as far as ammo and how? Winclean 165grain is one of the softest and lowest velocities 165grainers out on the market. Maybe glock had some type of issues with slide during mfg process , cause 32K is a very low round count for wear on a pistol.

9. piperdown

piperdown

My Dept. issued Beretta 96D's that we retained for about 5 years. Ammo for practice was AE 180 gr. FMJ, UMC 180 gr. FMJ, and carry ammo was Federal 180 gr. Hydra Shok. Of 160 guns, we had 11 broken locking block's, 3 cracked chambers, and numerous other minor problems. All of the locking blocks except mine broke prior to 10,000 rounds. A large Dept. nearby received a shipment from Beretta with 20 cracked chambers in a batch of 100 guns (they eventually went to SIG). Having said that, I have a friend who's into IPSC that is a die hard Beretta fan, he had a 96 that went well in excess of 50,000 rounds. I bash Beretta based on a long, frustrating experience that is based both on their lack of service and the 96D, and there are numerous other documented issues with that specific model. When I contacted our distributor regarding my broken Glock last week, I had a phone call from the District Manager for Canada the next morning. Regarding the Glock round count, i was told that they do see the problem on occasion, always in the same spot, but my pistol was a bit lower count than usual.

10. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

PD - Thanks for the update bro.