close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Broke my Glock???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by psantos, Apr 3, 2003.

1. psantos

psantos

Hello:

I have a used but very well maintained Glock 19, purchased from a State Trooper a year ago.

I am not sure how many rounds were through it, but I replaced all springs and extractor about 6 months ago. The barrel appears excellent.

It seemed to shoot fine EXCEPT with a couple of boxes of Remington 115 gr +p+ I purchased on the web.

Lots of premature lock back and feed problems.

The last time out the locking block pin fell out it was cracked in half!!!!

Is the ammo to hot?? recoil is snappy, but I have shot it through my little Smith CS9 with out any problems!! My Steyr M also loves this ammo!!

What happened??

Paul

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Locking block pin? If you bought a used G19 over a year ago, it only has two pins: trigger pin and trigger housing pin. Just replace the pin.

3. psantos

psantos

By Locking Block, I mean the trigger housing pin.

I know I can replace the pin, why did it break??

Is this common with +p+ ammo?

Paul

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

The trigger housing pin is the rearmost pin, which isn't likely to break. Glock will probably send you a new one. If you can find a Glock armorer nearby, he/she'll probably fix it free. If I were shooting +p+ ammo, I'd use a stronger recoil spring. Wolff springs has a pretty sensible guideline about recoil spring strength. If your cases are being ejected more than four or five feet, you probably need a stronger spring.

5. psantos

psantos

The pin that broke is the heavier metal pin located right above the trigger!

It cracked in half.

I will get a heavier spring, I am curious if this has happened before with hot loads?? Anyone??

I have a captive spring, I quess I could go back to the old style recoil rod with heavier springs from Wolf?

Does anyone make a heavier CAPTIVE recoil spring??

Thx

Paul

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It's probably a freak incident. I have 42K rounds through my G19 and still have all original internals, including the steel trigger pin.

7. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

You can get captured steel rods from just about any source, eg., Brownell's, Topglock, Glockmeister, Lonewolf, that sells Glock parts. It's not reasonable to think that the same recoil spring that's fine for standard loads would be appropriate for +p+ loads.

Per Wolff, if your cases are being ejected more than four or five feet, then you need to slow down the slide speed. (This advice doesn't apply to those who play the shootem-up games)