close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Broad jumps, anyone?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by TurboRocket, Feb 11, 2010.

1. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

I was messing around with some standing broad jumps tonight after Muay Thai. Hit 7' 7.5". Not sure if that is good or not. Any clue? I haven't done these for measurement since HS PE class. I think I need to find some videos on technique. It felt like I could get more distance if I can a better knee lift - more compression of knees to chest. :dunno:

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Here is a post from a OL forum I used to read. I think this puts you in the 75% to 85% of 14 year olds.

Sorry for the format. it is copied directly from the other forum.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010

3. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

I farted around with broad jumps last year.

Best was 7'4" that I could find in my log.

Only tried them a few times.

4. BradD

BradD

CJ, that table reminds me of how a very, very good adult male 400m time is 65 sec., max effort, but that's only an ok female HS time. I was thinking yesterday that my 13 year old is probably faster than 95% of adult males, but he's nowhere near as strong as they are. It's like humans go from faster and "springier" to bigger and stronger. Not sure why I find that interesting, but maybe that's why so many of us gravitate toward trying to get stronger as we get older.

I think I'd be pretty happy at 75-85% of 14 year olds in the broad jump, LOL.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010