"Bring a New Member to the Match" drawing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Defiance, May 5, 2005.

1. Defiance

Defiance

I spoke with Donna at GSSF today, and she said the drawing for the pistol is going to be a quarterly drawing, and not one per match. She also said they don't know when the first drawing will be.

Oh well.

2. glockwerkes

glockwerkes

That's a bummer. I dragged three buddies to Richmond (not exactly kicking and screaming) in the hopes of getting my name in the pot three times. I guess I was just misinformed. I thought it was going to be per match. Oh well. My secret plan to stake out gun shops and shooting ranges to fuel GSSF impressment (ala the British Navy) just went down the tubes.

3. GJM89

GJM89

I think we all need to check GSSFONLINE a little more often , if you go to the Hot Topics section, the have already drawn the first three match winners for bringing in new members.

4. Defiance

Defiance

Well, since Donna is GSSF, and I talked to her directly, I assumed that her words represented GSSF. Perhaps I was wrong. Sorry.

5. glockwerkes

glockwerkes

I guess I just plain missed that yesterday, no excuses. Back to my plans for massive impressment!!

I'm little concerned that someone calls and speaks to an employee and the same day something completely different is put up on the web......what the hell is going on there?

I'm not blaming Donna, as she gave me good intel last week on the scores being posted this week. Seems to be some internal communication problems in Smyrna.

6. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Maybe they're just being responsive to your online complaints.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Nobody was wrong. They're human & very busy and I'm betting that when you called it was exactly as she said. The notice about the drawing winners wasn't posted till late afternoon anyway; I check that site 2-3 times a day when I can - was looking for a downloadable copy of the new rules. In the current dynamic environment tho' GJM89's advice is sound. Many folks have questions and I'm betting that they're peddling just as fast as they can to get everything out for the season and sorta get it caught up to speed. :)

They have no vested interest in delaying information. But as fast as this stuff gets spread & cussed/discussed, I can understand their interest in making sure that when they DO post something it's solid intel because it can have ramifications. I, for one, am going to relax a bit, being just tickled to have some decent shooting weather for the weekend.
    ;?

8. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

The new member drawing is a great idea.

9. idpadan

idpadan Just a shooter

You can always count on Matt to sum it all up in a few a words as possible. Nice job.

10. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The original plan was to post quarterly the winners of the individual drawings from the prior quarter.;)

11. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I, for one, am going to relax a bit, being just tickled to have some decent shooting weather for the weekend.
    ;? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well said...Amen:cool: