close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brighton, MI 2011 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Aug 6, 2011.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories & photos here.

2. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Anyone know the address to Brighton? I mapquested it and thought I went up Rt 23, but they have me going differently. Is the address 8532 McClements, Brighton, MI 48114-8775? I kind of recognize getting off the freeway and doing an abrupt turn then going down and turning left at a Presbyterian church and then finding a lake to my left and beautiful houses. Is this it?

3. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

Maybe things picked up later, but it didn't seem like a huge turn-out Saturday morning. I was there by 9:00, while the staff was finishing up their meeting, and then got signed in. Shooting started by 9:30, and I was shooting by 10:00. Finished 5 runs by noon.

Overcast and sticky all morning, and I drove through a rain storm on the way home that may have hit the range this afternoon.

I could have shot better, but didn't totally screw things up either.

It's probably been covered here before, but there is an issue with the score sheets. The sticky labels are good for the sheets, but they don't transfer through the shooter's carbon copy. So unless you write on your copy which run each sheet is for, you don't know. I marked my sheets from the "5" and "M" stages, but I've got a pile of scoresheets from the plates and I don't know which went with which division, so I can't add up my time for each run.

Oh well - I guess I'll just have to wait for the results to be posted.

It was still fun nonetheless. I haven't shot a GSSF match for a couple of years, and it's good to get back.

4. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

With the labels, the stages are marked but my divisions aren't. That's why on the bottom of the pages I write my divisions I'm shooting. I write, AM CIV or COMP at the bottom and it goes through the carbon. I didn't do that once and I didn't know what I had shot!

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

it's Hunter Rd. Brighton, MI

6. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

Here's a Google Maps link.

7. DannyII

DannyII

Livingston Gun Club
    2440 Hunter Road, Brighton.

42 degrees, 34.023' N
    083 degrees, 46.301' W

It was sure humid this Sat. morning, but not as "humid" as 2009 when the floods came and took the barrels away.

I shot my personal best plate string, plate time, and match time. Apparently practice helps. Who knew?:dunno:

8. Tirpitz

Tirpitz

I participated Saturday morning. It was a well run shoot and the RO folks were very nice. I shot my best score ever at a GSSF event with my new G34.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  9. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Just got back here to SW nOhio from Brighton. Had a good time. Met some new people. RO's were great as usual. Didn't know if I was in Brighton or not cause it wasn't pouring the rain like it did the other 2 times I was there.:rofl: However, it did make up for it on the way home in northern nOhio.:faint:

Learned not to try to push my plate runs, the hard way.

10. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

It was good to see Monica and Randy and to see Christopher and Jeff again. The trip was all right and coming back had some rain. It was good to actually see dry stages at the Michigan match. The ROs did a super job and I always like going to this match. I was bummed last year when I had to miss it. And, I was good driving this year and kept restraining myself to stay under the speed limit both to and from the match. Yes, I did it and no tickets this year!

11. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Yes it was a great time. Looked like they had about 210+ entries.

I'm the gentleman from Vandalia i think i may have been talking to you and Monica on the plates stage. (In between Swatting skeeters!) When you said you were from Columbus/Dublin i didn't put 2 and 2 together. It was very nice to meet you as well as alot of other great ppl:wavey:

12. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Yep it was me. And I want to thank those who gave me the name of the streets. You'd think after going there many years, I'd remember them. Went straight to the place without a problem. It was a great day, hot, but great. I expected it to be hotter and more humid, but it was all right.

13. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Final total was about 214; a new record for this match.

Way to go, Livingston!

If you get on a club website, beware that a club will usually not have mail delivered directly to the club. More often, it goes to a PO box or possibly the home or business address of a Club officer who receives mail on behalf of the club.

If you try to punch that address into your GPS, you are likely going to end up nowhere near the range.

I suggest you start with the maps from the gssfonline website or the Glock Report.

Go to website such as "googlemaps" or "findlatitudeandlongitude.com" and use the GSSF map to find the range. Those sites let you click from a map, to satillite photos, to terrain maps, to sat. photos overlaid with the map info. It is usually pretty easy to tell a range from a sat. photo.

From that, you can get whatever nearby address or lat/long coordinates you need to punch into your GPS to get you there.

14. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Prelims are up. Good Luck!

15. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I did much better than last year. #14 am/civ. :supergrin:

16. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Time for me to get some shark repellent,:faint:

17. Jason L

Jason L

Still, a good job....nice shooting

18. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Thanks Jason. Good luck at the upcoming PA match.

I was a little under the weather from being a groomsman in my buddy's wedding the night before.

All of my groups on the far targets on 5TG and GM moved down about 5 inches. It was weird, not one shot pulled low, but the whole group, resulting in many C's and a couple D's. Oh Well, not practicing and being hungover will do that to ya.:dunno:

Im still happy with the results.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011