close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brighton, MI 2006 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Brighton, MI 2006 Debriefing

Please post your stories here. Wish I were there.

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

not much of a wait to shoot all day. ROs were great match was well run and i had a good time. i had some pretty good scores in a couple of classes. had friday nite dinner with ERR and the OldMan and their wifes. satuday nite dinner with ERR his wife, Grady and his son, might of got a few free tips from Grady.

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

HMMMM...tips from Grady???? Whats this about these 50's yer shooting?
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: If it holds let me be the first to congratulate
    ya. :supergrin:

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

dinner with grady and edwin was after we shot for the day so any tips i picked up i'll have to apply at conyers.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

ede; We have no sweat if you wait till Conyers to test out Grady's tips. Didn't anyone tell you that the "Gravatational Pull" and the "Earths Tilt" is different at Conyers, GA than up North. Hence your bullets will not travel the same paths. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tongueout:

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I see a piss*d off waitress in your future.

7. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well...I'll post for Brighton as well....again great weather on Sunday and watched Grady shoot and Grady actually pasted one of my targets....I was honored.I took yesterdays' experience from Hallsville racing start and focused on slowing down....and reached this years goal and another personal best.

We had two civilan teams enetered this year again and we will just have to see how everyone did....I feel all shot well if not better than last year.

The two matches this weekend were fun and enjoyable...I recommend everyone to try it at least once.

:thumbsup:

8. mike23

mike23

Brighton was my first GSSF match. I usually shoot IDPA and this match was something different for me and was fun, interesting and challenging!

Everyone connected with the event was friendly and helpful. All in all, a good time!

9. Ghost361

Ghost361

Well, shoulda coulda woulda. Ok excuses done. Shot pretty well but the misses cost me a little more than usual. Had a whoopsy in Guardian. Other that that all were 75 and under. Starting to get the hang of this and looking forward to the next match. Heard EDE is THE MAN. We will have to see the scores but if I heard correct he will have to start shooting with Grady and the rest of the Masters. Congrats bro. Things went really well and the R.O.s were awesome. Other places could take some lessons from these guys. I was kind of distraught at the condition of the plate racks though. The steel was soft and dimpled causing an extra ordinary amount of splach back and quite a few would fall and come back up. As well, some people would hit the frame and the plates would fall. But still worked out well for me. One of Team Atwell's members had the sniffles so we picked up a partner at the match and he seemed to be doing pretty well also. Anyway good luck to all and cant wait to see the scores.

10. Turak

Turak

I finally took the plunge...

Use to shoot 22 in tournaments back in the 80's. Quit shooting for the longest time (most of the 'convenient' ranges closed, friend quit the tournaments, etc.).

Anyway, went to the Brighton match on Sunday. Signed up for the GSSF and for my first shoot. Shot my G34...Amateur Competition. Very first try was the plates.....Of course, very first mag. shot WAY TOO FAST. Slowed down for the remaining 3 mags. did better each mag.

Well....had so much fun shooting with the G34, that I went ahead and broke out my carry piece....a stock Glock 23. Figured what the heck...Amateur Civilian...better chances for a random win if nothing else.

I don't know whether I am just unlucky or what.....both times when shooting the 5 to Glock.....I ended up having to do a reshoot for both of em. First time with the G34...someone pasted a target before the RO had a chance to score it. Then with the G23...someone forgot to paste the far target and no one noticed till after I shot....they were a little perplexed at first about why the target had 12 holes when all the others only had 6.

Overall though, had a great time. Will definitely being doing it again...just wish there were more of em in Michigan.

11. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

12. GLW

GLW

This was my first trip to Brighton but I hope not my last. My son Dean and I arrived too late to shoot on Saturday but made it in time to enjoy good food and great company for dinner. Thanks Ede, Err and wives for letting us join your party.

Sunday was perfect shooting weather. The Livingston Gun Club is surprisingly close to residential areas and easy access to the freeway. The RO's were very friendly and seemed to have everything well in hand. We never waited long to shoot and the atmosphere was relaxed and inviting.

I enjoyed talking with Glockess and Festus at the range and briefly with some of the other Indy group. Festus introduced me to a father son team who were new to the GSSF sport. John and John Jr. I hope you enjoyed yourselves and I look forward to seeing you both at another match in the near future. That is one of the things that I enjoy most about this sport, meeting new people and seeing new generations of shooters getting involved.

Speaking of father son teams, I am excited to announce that Bobby Carver has invited my oldest son Conlon (age 11) to be an "honorary" junior member of the Carver Team!!:banana: Conlon will be shooting his first outdoor match this year in Lexington with me sporting his own Carver hat!!! His feet haven't touched the ground since he found out in Anderson. Only down side is my ammo costs just doubled!!! If you see us, stop and say hi.

Thanks again to all the hard working crew in Brighton and I look forward to next year!

13. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I know it's rather late to be speaking of Brighton, Michigan, but I couldn't post then and I can now. I want to say hats off for a fine match. It was one of the most and best organized matches I have ever shot in or seen. The ROs were super great and nice doing their jobs. They did everything for the shooter, e.g. put the name sticker on the paper, write on it, etc. When I arrived I even received my entry stickers in an envelop with my name on it. All I had to do at each stage was think about shooting and shoot. The ROs did the rest. This was a well run and people oriented match. Keep up the good work, you're doing great! (Even if you're that state up north!)