close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Brighton Finals Are Up

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by glockess56, Oct 9, 2006.

1. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

They are up folks, the Brighton, MI Finals. There will be some changes to the Hall of Fame in certain categories (team, Am. Civ). Ede, you da man!

2. Turak

Turak

I won a pistol.......random (talk about lucky).

Won that shooting my carry piece (G23) on a last minute whim....

happy...happy....happy....

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Good for you...what are you going to get???? :supergrin:

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i won random 25$, is it good to be me or what?

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I guess. Since they went to the new system I have won $25 total. I did better when they went by the "A", "B", "C", syetem. I preferr the system where you earn what you win instead of the luck of the draw (Glock Lotto). Just my opinion.:thumbsup:

6. Turak

Turak

I already have a G23, G34, and a G24.....

Not interested in the 357 sig's nor the 45's at all...

Still would like a G17, G35, and a G20.

Probably will go with the G17.:banana:

I would kinda like a 9mm gun for stock/production. :tempted: Would like the G35 to build it into a Open Major gun.

Then of course the G20 for hunting, etc.....

Decisions, decisions....hehe

7. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I have to agree with Don at PC. I liked the Lewis System for scoring the outdoor GSSF Matches. I remember when I first shot GSSF and placed in C. It gave me some confidence to do better and go for a personal best. I didn't do great my first match, but I placed eighth or ninth in C class. Each time I would do better or go to, maybe B class, even if I didn't place but just be in the higher class I felt good about myself. It gave me the "gumption" to "go for it." The only person I intend to beat at these matches is myself and when I do that I consider it "winning."

Now, I suppose it's all right and people get to be in a lottery. By the luck of the draw instead of the pull of the trigger you can win a gun. That might keep people coming back, but I'd like to see the Lewis System re-used in GSSF matches. It was fair, and even if you were new or inexperienced, the divisions put people of all levels in categories. People won guns who shot in A class or C class. It gave people of all skill levels initiative to do better, and better and improve and to keep coming back. In doing this, you also make new friends that you have for many years and you share your sport with others. The latter we still do and it's fun, fun, fun!

Well, this was a lengthy "Two Cents" worth, but I just threw it in. Don made me think of how it used to be (not that many years ago, either) and it made me think about it.

8. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i don't have a "system" worked out but i'd like a combination of the two. lewis for the majority of the prizes and maybe a random drawing for all the shooters in all the classes. i think the lewis system give everyone something to relate to, being a A,B,C or Master shooter.