Brighton 2007 Debriefing and Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Sep 15, 2007.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here.

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Geeee

No one is out here! No Pix! Must have been a tough crowd!

Pharaoh:banana:

3. dking1

dking1

Shot a pb of 67.66 in Am comp. thanks to my buddies reminding me that we weren't shooting IPSC. Thanks Jim & Dennis!

4. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Hats off to another fine GSSF match at Brighton. You always have great matches since your start three years ago. I love your match, the crew and ROs go out of their way to help people and run a great match. It was smoothe, friendly and a great place, the Livingston Gun Club. Keep up the great work and I look forward to shooting there again, next year.

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Nice club great ROs.

It cost more in tolls to get there than the Jersey or NY match.

Then it cost even more because Cabela's and Beef Jerky Unlimited

were at the same exit. Jerky from beef, elk, bison, deer, alligator,

ostrich, turkey, pork--- The Honey Beef is very good, so is the

hickory smoked beef.

beefjerkyunlimited.com

6. ede

ede

i got there around 12:30 sunday and was on my way home around 4pm. great weather for a match. most of the people i know were gone by the time i got there which cut down on my talking and not shooting. had a PB in MSub also had a PB on the plates, 4 strings all under 3.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Well said; knew it would be a keeper from their inagural match. Great attitude by all. Was great to see you & Mrs. Lethal, so trip worth it regardless of them yellow paper thingies they handed me. Always entertaining when you can get Lethal & Butch swapping stories.
    :rofl:

Got to meet Tim (member here and new GSSF member). He did fine for his first match and may look into other matches; certainly we hope to see him over at Milwaukee next year. Hope you had a good time and ya never know about that new member drawing Tim. ;)

Pics will follow when I get to regular puter & can upload.

:patriot:

8. Mrs. L.

Mrs. L.

:thumbsup: We drove up Fri. and stayed in Brighton(holiday inn exp) found more goood eating places(Sweetwater Grill and Leo's Coney Island-right across the parking lot at our hotel!)-Went to the range Sat before noon and had no waits except when we talked to Butch and Wes-Watched Dwight shoot-yeow!!!!!another Dave Sevigny! Great shooting !!! I need to practice !!! I shot ok and so did Lethal-In my head I'm there for the trip not for the win-need to be more competitive maybe-but it's so much fun-Ask Norske about snirt! :rofl: Love it! Great to put a face on some names and talk.... Lethal and I did a knife check for all at dinner on Sat. night :supergrin: We had a looong trip back-read beefjerkyunlimited AND Cabela's. It was another great GSSF match!
    THANKS!

Kaye

9. GLW

GLW

My son Conlon and a friend of his made the drive to Brighton with me this year. We stayed about 30 minutes east Saturday night and got out to the range around 10:30 Sunday morning.

The weather was absolutely perfect. There were not as many shooters as I expected and we had little or no wait at each stage. My lack of trigger time this summer was evident in my performance but that did not stop us from having a great time. Conlon was shooting in his third GSSF match and is continuing to improve, posting a personal best of 137.09. Many watching could not believe it when they learned he is only 12 years old.

Many thanks to the range officers who did a terrific job. Your patience and hospitality are greatly appreciated. This is a very enjoyable match and we look forward to attending again next year.

Thanks again,

Grady

10. Turak

Turak Guest

I was one of the RO's this year at Brighton....turnout was somewhere around 170 shooters total

Thank you all for your kind words regarding the RO's.

Worked on the plate racks. It was a joy watching everyone shoot.

Congratulations to Grady for taking 1st in 5 Divisions....can you say WOW!...

I was also lucky enough to get to run Dwight and Butch on the plates....you guys are Fantastic.

Definitely gives me something to strive for.

I have to say I was totally impressed running Conlon on the plates and his abilities at 12.....we're talking a Master class shooter in short order.

AS for myself...19th place in Civilian, and 27th in Competition. Better than last year.

Definitely will be there again next year barring any obstacles. Most likely will volunteer to RO again, it was definitely a good time.

Look forward to seeing you all there again and many of you who didn't make it this year.

11. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Conlon was shooting in his third GSSF match and is continuing to improve, posting a personal best of 137.09. Many watching could not believe it when they learned he is only 12 years old.

Conlon is your secret weapon. He is going to keep pushing you and pushing you till you get better.

Right GWL???

I can not wait to see you TWO at Conyers in a couple of weeks!

Pharaoh:)

p.s. Way to go Conlon keep it up!!!!!! GWL you need to slow down working and get out to the range a little more often.

12. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Pics of the short-notice hitch-box Dwight fabricated for the trip. (He's working on getting his own show...)

13. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

The troupe I shared approx 1750 miles with. Well, Ernie Banks always said, "Let's play two!"

After supper Friday night outside the Applebee's in a Jackson mall; good food & no cover for the entertainment.
    :supergrin:

14. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Wait - Does that mean if he practices more often he'll go slower?
    :animlol:

Great job Conlon. Given that Barton the Younger certainly took his 3rd win here or at Hallsville there'll now be 2 of those in the deep-end - just what you guys need... another little Grady.

:patriot:

15. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Yep, I heard that Butch and Dwight can be quite entertaining. :rofl: :tongueout: :wavey:

16. GLW

GLW

Pete,

You are absolutely right about Conlon and his brothers being my secret weapon. They make the shooting sports twice as much fun as they already are. I get more enjoyment out of watching them than I do shooting the stages myself and it gives me the incentive I need to keep at it.

Conlon is really improving and it wont be long before he passes the old man but I did warn him that when that day comes, he will have to start supplying his own ammo! (that should slow him down a little!)

We hope to make Conyers. It will be good to see you again. Save us a couple of seats at the dinner table.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words of encouragement. Please stop me on the range and say hi. I'll be the old fat guy in Conlon's squad. See ya there.

17. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Congratulations, Grady, Conlon, Butch and Dwight for another stellar performance. I wish that I could have been there to root you on!!!

Hoping to get well and see all of you at Conyers.

Regards,
    Bobby Carver

18. Glocker45

Glocker45

Brighton was my first GSSF match and I had a great time. I got to meet a bunch of great people and am looking forward to other matches.

Now to work on tightening up those groups....