close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bright idea?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by crazy_hans, May 21, 2007.

1. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

guys good day! i just want to ask you guys if its a bright idea to put up a shop na puro fa accessories ang handle. like parts and holsters etc. medyo nasasaktan na kasi ako sa price ng mga local shops natin ang layo kasi ng prices compare sa US.i was thinking of coming up with a shop sana na mas competitive ang prices.so i'd like to know sana what brand do you guys prefer and what pistols do you have.thanks po:)

2. theTactician

theTactician

for holsters, i would prefer fobus, bianchi, uncle mike's, blackhawk.
    for pistols, maganda mga HK's, Glocks of course, kimber of america, para-ordnance, smith and wesson, steyr also would be good, beretta too.

3. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

sirs! i'll stick with accessories na muna i don't think i can afford to open a full blown gun shop super laki ng capital it may not be possible na.anyway thank you very much the tactician i'll take note of those. i'm considering egw sana sa parts coz most of the shops here carry ed brown products and wilson combat

4. 1 old 0311

1 old 0311

:headscratch: :headscratch:

5. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

I wish it were possible to franchise S.O.E. so that we wouldn't have to go to Makati to buy gear... I simply hate driving in Makati.

6. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

My take is, the more exotic or rare your items are plus you'd not be charging people an arm and a leg then madali kang makikilala.

Dito lang sa forums, mai-recommend ka lang ng mura at reliable and delivery sked mo plus points na agad yun.

7. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

- Glock accessories, like night sites and light attachments.
    - Holsters. Sidearmor, comptac.
    - IPSC Competition accessories. Arredondo, EGW, Extreme Engineering, Dawson Precision.
    - Ammo
    - Reloading components like heads and brass.

8. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Good luck on the venture. The selling prices of the existing gun stores are precisely the prices they need to exist. They may be actually cheaper abroad but bringing them here entails a lot of unnecessary expenses. You already know what it meant by the unnecessary costs.

If you will market local products it may or may not do good. Armscor took decades to reach their current market acceptability. Others tried and most of them failed.

Some market players tried to cater to a certain niche. High end guns for people with higher disposable income. Some enterprising gunsmiths even started selling their own fabricated parts. Sad to say, some of them are substandard and eventually failed.

Any business needs a lot of thinking, hard work and luck. If for example you start selling 1911 parts by wilson with a 10% price difference, let me know. Oops, let us know. We will make your shop another tambayan.

9. TTPower

TTPower

i agree with valor 100% on that... i dont think the other shops would jack up their price just to earn a lot. if that would be the case then i'm sure there would be someone who will lower their price and kill the competition. i think their prices are enough to earn a little and cover the expenses :)

sir crazy-hans, i'm not trying to discourage u but try to check your expenses like rent, manpower, taxes, shipping cost before u start :) marketing wont be much of a problem..... bogs can help u with that :) good luck!

10. maskytrading

maskytrading

Stay with the following accessories/parts for the items below and you can't go wrong assuming you have good prices :thumbsup:
    1. 1911/2011/clones pistols
    2. Glock pistols
    3. Armalite rifles(baby, m16s etc.)
    4. ak rifles

11. mtho

mtho

i'd advice you to concentrate first on a particular sector, pick one either parts and accessories for competition or tactical. kasi kung lahat papasukan mo medyo malaki yung startup. stick with stuff for 1911's,glocks and ar.

12. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

thank you ng marami sa feedbacks.the price is a lot higher here coz of rent, man power and those expenses nga na di dapat nageexist. i plan kasi to put an online shop na lang siguro. no rent, no man power (kasi i'll personally deliver or thru meet ups parnag kay sir mark when i bought his hammer)sana mag click nga but even if it doesn't survive i do hope to send a shockwave sa mga gun stores na super magpatong. Imagine when i bought a ambi safety from a gun shop before i had to deal with 3 different people una sales rep tapos yun kukuha ng stock tapos yun cashier and oh before i miss out may guard pa who has to take your stub for whatever reason.

13. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

sir if you are to choose which is which tactical or competition?thanks

14. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

Sir ttpower no manpower kasi bka online shop lang para makatipid so just shipping and taxes.bka mas makamura kasi tayo doing that rather than individual tyo mag padala dito.laging may friendly customs offical waiting for the next prey.i plan to get all permits para wala na hassle.

15. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

sir ano po specific brand po na prefer nyo?.thanks

16. MRV_G17

MRV_G17

tactical or competition

brod, if you will ask me, my answer is BOTH.
    ONLINE store is a good idea too. easy to monitor and run your business. however, make sure na safe and secured and site ha.

count me IN and let us know your future store's website.

17. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Sir hans, nakalimutan kong banggitin SS Barel for the Glock, imagine in the US it's 99U$D but there in RP it's selling 15K up, if you could bring that in and halfprice of what the stores are selling COUNT ME IN na agad.

18. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

most local courier services won't accept gunparts for delivery. ang labo nga e. so kelangan mo rin maghanap ng delivery service.

concentrate ka sa 1911's, glocks, and AR's. these firearms are prob. what 75% of filipino gunowners use.

mas marami pa rin mga tactical ninjas. only a small minority participate in gun games anyway, pero sila ang malakas bumili ng mga parts.

19. tagaykoyan

tagaykoyan

bright idea, especially for accessories. i've been buying my stuff online. ang laki ng natitipid ko, and i get to buy items na wala dito.

some examples:
    wiley x glasses - $13
    silencio orion muffs - $16

20. crazy_hans

crazy_hans

ok thanks for the inputs i'll fix all the paper works na muna then inform ko kayo on updates.but it may take some time kasi i need to ask my brother muna for finances.hehehehe kasi di aabot kung on my own.thanks ulit.