Bridgeville De.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by youngann, Jun 30, 2019.

1. youngann

youngann Pistol People

2. professor309

professor309

Matchmeister won by an Amateur if correct.

3. Snoopy47

Snoopy47

and a Jr, and pretty much just knocked out getting to Master in a single match.

How does that work. If a Jr doesn't actually win guns (unless other arrangements with GSSF are made by the parents to receive the transfer) does the kid just keep shooting amateur?

He crushed it. I think he only didn't win Competition, where he completely fell apart and shot an 80 (probably fatigue).

Does he get four pistols wins? The three as amateur and the fourth as Match Miester and master.

4. professor309

professor309

MatchMeister would be the first firearm awarded in the match, so it could not be the forth. But technically a competitor could win 4 in one match. 3 as a amateur and the 4th as a Master.

Let's look as an Amateur first.

He won in 2018 so that counts as one.
    In this match, he won MatchMeister in the MasterStock Class. That is the first pistol award of this event. His "pistol" number 2.
    The the order of competition awards goes to the Civilian or Guardian Division. He wins a "pistol" there making a total of 3 and the 2nd for the event. From this point forward he competes as a Master in the remaining divisions.

MatchMeister
    MasterStock
    Civilian of Guardian
    Unlimited
    Competition
    Subcompact
    Heavy Metal
    MajorSub
    Pocket GLOCK

In Heavy Metal his 2nd place gets the pistol since Al Surko already has won in Unlimited.

So 2 pistols as an amateur, and one as a master.

Now the youth factor.
    From what I can tell he is 16. Last year his "pistol" win was awarded as a Life Membership and $100. Since he now has a life membership, he gets $190 cash and 7 $30 vouchers for matches times 3. If he was 18 and state law allows he possibly could have transferred the cert to a parent.

Now the eligibility factor
    Due to his recent performance in an IDPA match, he may not be eligible as an amateur.
    In the 2019 Chesapeake Cup (Tier 3 match) earlier this year, he shot 2nd overall of 144 competitors. I believe that is the equivalent of a State Level Match.

Not a bad problem to have, youth and skills! :)

@Tbone17 might have more info on how the youth awards are handled.

5. PM720

PM720

I don't think GSSF recognizes IDPA for awards or Master consideration.

Tbone17 and professor309 like this.
  6. PM720

PM720

Awesome job. These kids these days are getting tough and have no respect for their elders! :D

Greg Snyder, Tbone17 and professor309 like this.
  7. professor309

professor309

I know the “Master” ranking by itself doesn’t anymore like it used too. But I thought the higher level matches, State level and above, still did.

[​IMG]

8. Tbone17

Tbone17 "Shootin Steel"

@Tbone17 might have more info on how the youth awards are handled.[/QUOTE]
    Each win is still considered a win, wither it be a pistol cert or the $190/210. Jr’s Under 18 will receive the $190/210. After 3 division wins they become a “Master”. They will receive the $190/210 until they are 18. After 18 they can have cert signed over to a parent.

Congratulations Dylan, great shooting young man.

If scores hold, He may also be the youngest to be able to enter the Gunny Challenge. Punkin was 18 at her first Gunny Challenge.

PM720, Jayman28 and professor309 like this.
  9. Snoopy47

Snoopy47

It seems like a lot of trouble to figure out if someone is Master classified if they don't personally decide to classify themselves as a Master. GSSF knows if they won 3 guns or not, but other than that, if they aren't a nationally known name who's going to check?

So there is the top 25% of state level event, but only if 3 or more other MASTER classified shooters were there. OK, now you have to figure out who the other masters were that shot along with him/her at the match.

How easy is it to check any given competitor the classification credentials from rule 170.50 #4

10. PM720

PM720

I think the key here is 170.50(5). Since they do not recognize IDPA Masters then it does not matter how many show up for a state IDPA match, IDPA doesn't count. I have never really understood this. Why the hate for IDPA?

11. Tbone17

Tbone17 "Shootin Steel"

Last few years I don’t think GSSF really cares what their status is for other disciplines. They let them shoot win 3 pistols or 190/210 and that’s it. They are Master now and it doesn’t matter.

Snoopy47, PM720 and professor309 like this.
  12. professor309

professor309

Wouldn't 170.50(5) then read 'IDPA shall no longer count towards “Master” status in GSSF' instead of '“Master” ranking in IDPA shall no longer count towards “Master” status in GSSF'?

Not sure, but I'd guess IDPA campaigned that it was much easier to reach that status in IDPA compared to USPSA.

13. professor309

professor309

You are right, it would be hard to police. And they are not going to check. How many times has your gun been check to be in compliance with "stock" rule guidelines other than maybe the outside appearance at the firing line? I've shot 7 matches and I have not seen it questioned.

So this would be that asscoiations "masters" or above since there are no above masters in GSSF. It is pretty easy to look at results finish list to see how many masters/grand masters were in attendance.

It's not easy. You can look someone up in USPSA or Steel Challenge if you have their membership number. You have to know or luck into it on some match results to find the number.

Like tbone17 stated above, it really is not going to happen. At least not unless someone brings the individual to their attention. That could easily happen at an event where locals know each other.

I personally would ether enter as a master or ask for a ruling from GSSF if I thought it was in the gray area and unsure how it applied. Same as the guns that I shoot in the stock classes are compliant. I have a friend that has been really interested in shooting a few outdoor GSSF matches that might or might not fall into this issue. I told him to send the results info and ask GSSF before he entered.

Tbone17 likes this.
  14. Snoopy47

Snoopy47

N-E-V-E-R

I wonder myself. I personally push the limits as much as I can. Dawson adjustable target sights. Grip tape, and G34 (-) connector. That actually gets me pretty far with sub 4lb triggers. I then reload and take quite a bit of the edge off of recoil. If I don't maintain a DEATH GRIP the slide will short cycle. So there are down sides to trying to make a Glock shoot easier.

Honestly, to cross the line of cheating doesn't get you a lot more in terms of "performance" when only shooting 8 inches at 25 yards.

I bragged once about beating Fowler (west coast hot shot), because hey I did "beat him". Then the excuses came back that he forgot to bring the correct loads to the match and was using borrowed ammo.

That pretty much validated to me that the top players aren't simply pulling a Glock out of the box, and using Winchester White Box. Otherwise............ if his guns were straight up factory parts, with straight up factory ammo he wouldn't have been having so much trouble. I'm not saying he cheated. I'm saying he dialed in his guns to a narrow band of tolerances he prefers, and isn't truly shooting stock.

Cheating would be so easy. Only the trigger shoe needs to be STOCK/OEM. Anything else inside can be changed. That said, it wouldn't take much to pop the slide off and see. I think though folks that can tinker on their own guns can improve mechanical performance significantly without crossing the line. Folks who straight up cheat are just lazy.

One thing cheating will NEVER replace is making sure those sights are aligned where they need to be when the trigger breaks. If they can't do that it doesn't matter what they do to the gun.

Honestly, my best CHEATING DEVICE is my Prescription Shooting Glasses I got for the sole purpose of front sight post focal distance.

youngann and Tbone17 like this.
  15. G21H30

G21H30

That's how they handled Nate Staskiewicz in 2016 at Grand Island.

Tbone17 likes this.
  16. cmzneb

cmzneb

Nate S was actually an A class USPSA shooter when he cleaned up those four guns in Grand Island.

Tbone17 and jab like this.
  17. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

A few photos.
    Thanks to all the R.O.s! (esp. Tome & Anne; Judy & Gary)
    Great job Ric Rouf!
    Sorry I missed Dylan. Great job!
    GSSF Staff: Cindy and Austin - Awesome!!! 20190629_121626.jpg 20190629_120338.jpg 20190629_120504.jpg 20190629_120217.jpg 20190629_115913.jpg 20190629_120120.jpg 20190629_115744.jpg 20190629_102637.jpg 20190629_102630.jpg

Snoopy47 and professor309 like this.
  18. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

CORRECTION:

Patti and Austin were our GSSF Match Coordinators in Bridgeville.

Cindy was in Fulton with Peter.

Events get a little blurred driving from NC to Washington DC for a meeting, to Delaware to Fulton, to Finger Lakes for a couple days, back to Washington DC for 4th of July events, and back to NC.

19. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Sorry I missed you and your camera,, I did the opposite of you,Fulton on Saturday and bridgeville on Sunday, 883 miles total The was just no way i ws going to miss the opportunity to shoot 2 matches in a weekend

Greg Snyder and Doc Holiday like this.