GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Massive Member
25,104 Posts
The badge will get you iPads, but iPads will get your badge?

My how our society has decayed...

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
NRA4EVR
11,509 Posts
There’s at least one more they need to indict - the sheriff herself. She’s been dirty for a long time. I feel bad for the actal working staff there. Everyone I met frim that department is solid, honest, and hard working. The community and they deserve better.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
There’s at least one more they need to indict - the sheriff herself. She’s been dirty for a long time. I feel bad for the actal working staff there. Everyone I met frim that department is solid, honest, and hard working. The community and they deserve better.
There is no way the Sheriff didn't know this was happening.

·
Registered
27,886 Posts
It appears the ripples are still being generated and still spreading. Probably not the end of them. It takes a while for the ripples to become still.

Reactions: CAcop

·
Registered
31,069 Posts
Two of our people left for Apple. Looks like there are promotional opportunities there now.

Reactions: TBO and Newcop761

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Well I recall California was tought to get a permit to carry. Unless you live in a Rural County, then it was simple, or not very difficult.

The one other thing I recall was the Goffy Birds in the City/County of San Francisco apprently did not recognize the permit.

·
Registered
31,069 Posts
Well I recall California was tought to get a permit to carry. Unless you live in a Rural County, then it was simple, or not very difficult.

The one other thing I recall was the Goffy Birds in the City/County of San Francisco apprently did not recognize the permit.
They have to recognize the permit as long as it is issued. If they arrest you it is an easy lawsuit to win.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
They have to recognize the permit as long as it is issued. If they arrest you it is an easy lawsuit to win.

Well I never worried much because I concealed well, P230 .380 I small & easy to hid if needed. Back prior 1998 believe my - the Sheriff Approved, and AG Office DOJ Issued, or approved.

·
Premium Member
25,378 Posts
I thought it was common knowledge. Certain areas if you wanted a permit you had to show a receipt from donating to correct fund. (I never had to do it). The current Sheriff is only one I have never met one, on one. When you have multiple permits from a Sheriff. They want to chat.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Apple couldn't afford to hire armed security? Something seems strange about this. Concealed Carry permits and armed security are two very different things, at least in IL.

·
Registered
31,069 Posts
Apple couldn't afford to hire armed security? Something seems strange about this. Concealed Carry permits and armed security are two very different things, at least in IL.
There is a company in California that uses retired and off duty cops that contract out to Apple and a few other name brands in tech. They use cops or retired cops because of LEOSA. If you are in the Bay Area a CCW is going to be hard without connection$. So they use people who are allowed without a permit. A few of my retired coworkers do it. Pretty good pay but you have to be flexible.

The full time Apple people are generally not retired cops. Two of their investigators are from my department. They left after about 10-15 years because they spent a decade or so in investigations and the chief wouldn't promote them with less than a year or so street time and they didn't want to have to work the streets. It is unpleasant in patrol to say the least. People tend to camp out in specialty units. The downside is you are seen as "not credible as a patrol sergeant without recent street time." Those people at Apple do not have LEOSA coverage because they got put long before retirement.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
In NYC 40 years ago, I wanted to get a Carry Permit...kept asking around, finally I "Met a guy" who "Knew a guy" $$ later...guess what.....MAGIC
"Don't ask, Don't tell"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts