Breech “notch” on g45...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mcclain210, Oct 16, 2018.

1. mcclain210

mcclain210

Is glock going to do this on the future 19x/gen 5 production pistols? Anyone know any true facts? Thanks

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

2 members commented in another thread said they have already seen it on their new Gen5 G19MOS pistols.

If it improves ejection consistency and helps prevent BTF, then I don't see any reason they WOULDN'T want to start putting it on everything.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    RustyRyan likes this.

3. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

I believe it’s currently on all Glocks released September 24th (G45 and Gen 5 MOS FS pistols). All I’ve seen thus far is a rumor it would be included on future models. Much like the Gen 3’s still shipping with 336 ejectors, I wonder if Glock will only include the update on newer models going forward. It could get expensive if everyone suddenly wants to send back their perfectly functional ‘defective’ pistol. If they were to retroactively cut slides, it would be prone to rust.

I do hope they include the cut on all Gen 5’s at some point. But I could certainly understand their rationale for not doing so as well.

HardRice likes this.
  4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

I asked in the other thread, and I guess I could ask here as well, if folks have a Glock (other than a G45, all of which have the cut) with the modification, to post it here (or send me a PM/Conversation) with the model name/number and the first 4 letters of the serial number. Once I get a handful of them, I'll start a new thread on that subject, so if folks are wanting this new feature, they will know approximately where the factory began adding it.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled Glock thread/discussion...

5. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

Glock has always had incremental enhancements from the beginning. I remember when everyone got distraught when the loaded chamber extractors came out mid gen. Everyone wanted the new extractor version. If you got one that works KEEP IT. Or trade at a loss.

6. mcclain210

mcclain210

Im very interested in hearing if itll be changed on the gen 5s and 19x bc i will update mine. I havent had any problems but im all for a better ejection function since ive been seeing 45 shoot brass to the moon

7. iLift45's

iLift45's

Shot my G45 today. Holy hell it throws the brass a country mile. With my 115 grain Hornady reloads they were flying about 15-18 feet at around 4:00. With my 124 grain Hornady XTP’s they were going about 12 feet at around 4:00. Neither load is at the top end. I’m surprised Glock did this. I never have ejection issues with any of my Glocks.

8. mcclain210

mcclain210

Wow thats crazy, also ive never experienced any issues either but im just a glock junkie and will want the latest and greatest just to have so ill sell my gen 5 17, 19, 19x and buy all new updated models.

9. vetteman

vetteman NRA Member

I like the updated breech notch in the G45. The ejection pattern is much improved. I hope to see it in all new production Gen5 models. I’m not about to sell all my Glocks that don’t have it or send in all my slides to have them notched but it would be nice to have in the new models.