Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Judge Benitez decision here:

https://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020-04-23-Order-Granting-MPI.pdf

Michel Law firm scored another win against 2nd Amendment hating California Demsheviks.
No more background checks for ammo purchases, no more restrictions for mail order ammo purchases, no more prosecution of innocent people for loaning a box of bird shot to a friend.

Multiple Olympic gold medalist Kim Rhode represented by my good friend and hunting buddy attorney Sean Brady from Michel & Assoc. won her lawsuit against the State of Commifornia represented by A.G. Xavier Basura ...err...Becerra.

COMMIE SCUMBAG

download (8).jpeg

OWNED BY
download (6).jpeg View attachment 745128

AMERICAN PATRIOTS

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Awesome! Inspires me to ditch engineering and go into law. I would love to do this kind of work, or shred big corporations with ****ty middle managers taking advantage of people and consumers.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,643 Posts
That's great

·
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Except from Judge Benitez's decision:

"The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted. California’s new ammunition background check law misfires and the Second Amendment rights of California citizens have been gravely injured. In this action, Plaintiffs seek a preliminary injunction enjoining California’s onerous and convoluted new laws requiring ammunition purchase background checks and implementing ammunition anti-importation laws. For the reasons that follow, the motion for preliminary injunction is granted.

The purported state interest to be achieved by these new laws is keeping ammunition out of the hands of prohibited Californians. These new laws are constitutionally defective for several reasons. First, criminals, tyrants, and terrorists don’t do background checks. The background check experiment defies common sense while unduly and severely burdening the Second Amendment rights of every responsible, gun-owning citizen desiring to lawfully buy ammunition. Second, the implementing regulations systematically prohibit or deter an untold number of law-abiding California citizen-residents from undergoing the required background checks. Third, in the seven months since implementation, the standard background check rejected citizen-residents who are not prohibited persons approximately 16.4 % of the time. Fourth, the ammunition anti-importation laws directly violate the federal dormant Commerce Clause.

WOW, this is something to behold! The Judge beat the snout out of Becerra and his minions.

Continue reading here: https://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/2020-04-23-Order-Granting-MPI.pdf

·
Registered
32,357 Posts
:dancingbanana::dancing::flag::waving::exercise::hearts::israelflag::number1: Excellent!

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Great! Now all those folks who live in California and contribute to it's great power over other states by making it an economic power house, but continue to stay and contribute to such even though it actively supports tyranny, are gonna be online making non existent ammo even harder to buy.

Sorry, you choose to live there, you all should be last in line to be served by ammo suppliers.

If you all moved, sucked it up and took one for the team, California wouldn't be nearly as influential as it is. The argument that "I dont vote like my neighbors" doesnt hold water.

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,557 Posts
Awesome! Inspires me to ditch engineering and go into law. I would love to do this kind of work, or shred big corporations with ****ty middle managers taking advantage of people and consumers.
I left radio and tv to go into law. It’s a helluva ride. You might enjoy it.

·
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I am mentioned by name by Judge Benitez in his decision. Say my name, Basura bytch!

"One CRPA member had this frustrating experience trying to buy ammunition. He chose Door No. 1 but was rejected by the Standard AFS check. Following instructions for correcting whatever was wrong with his information, the CRPA member submitted his update on the CFARS website.
Declaration of N. Ionescu, Doc. 46-4, ¶5.
Still wanting to buy ammunition, two days later he returned to an ammunition store and again submitted to a Standard background check. Although he had corrected his information, he was rejected again. Id. at ¶6. Following the second rejection, he again logged in to the CFARS website where he was offered the identical reason for rejection. Id. at ¶7.
Still wanting to buy ammunition, one week later the CRPA member tried again to purchase ammunition. Unfortunately, as one might guess, he was rejected again. Id. at ¶8.
The CFARS website once again offered the same general explanation for the rejection. Id. at ¶9. Nine days after the initial rejection, the California Department of Justice sent him electronic notice that the personal information update had been approved and he was finally able to pass the background check the next day. Id. at ¶9-10."

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
Beccera is such a slimeball. When he was a CA Congressional Rep he was nothing more than a wind up toy that spouted "This is what President Obama wants and this President is always correct, we must support him 100%!!!"

He always touted the great efforts of Obama for the citizenry which he was really oppressing.

He lost and I doubt his appeal will be successful.

With all the judges Trump has appointed, the numbers of anti gun efforts that will be struck down will only increase. Don

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
I just read the whole 120 page decision.

Judge pretty well shut doors for appeal.

The 9th Circuit frequently doesn't care of course, but it's a strong decision, imo, to move beyond 9th to USSC.

Time will tell.
Trump has nominated several conservatives to the 9th so perhaps they too will see the light and kill it. If the 9th kills it Beccera will give up. Don

·
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Trump has nominated several conservatives to the 9th so perhaps they too will see the light and kill it. If the 9th kills it Beccera will give up. Don
My friend Sean Brady who won this lawsuit says Basura will appeal. It doesn't cost him personally any money, everything is paid by the taxpayers and the financial resources at his disposal are practically unlimited, so why not?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts