close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Breaking in Special Agent 59

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Shepard man, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Shepard man

Shepard man

My new Bianchi 59 just arrived for my Glock 17 and I'm having a little trouble getting the clasp to snap. Actually, I can't get it to snap, the strap appears to be roughly 1/4" too short.

Should I just give the holster a bit of time to conform to the gun and then all will be well?

It's an awesome holster and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Thanks!

2. bac1023

bac1023

I say give it some time to break in somewhat.

3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

yes just give it some time I had a duty holster that was that way, I really had to stretch that leather over the gun and leave it like that for a while another quick way to do it is to wet the leather and then pull it over the gun and let it dry over night.. good luck in time it break in and fit like a glove..

4. Shepard man

Shepard man

Thanks guys! I finally got it...now to leave it for 2 days per the instructions.

5. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

It's a great holster and has pretty good value. I've got one for my Beretta 92 and use it quite a bit. I too had trouble get the clasp. But after doing the 2 day thing, it works great. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

6. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

Put the gun in a HEAVY plastic bag (like a freezer thickness or heavier type) and put it in the holster (yes, the gun in the bag, in the holster) and snap it shut. Let it sit for a day or so (not in the freezer, somewhere safe :)) until you have it where you want it.

This WILL stretch the holster enough to loosen it up a little.

HTH

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  7. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail

I have two Bianchi Special Agent 59's for a couple of different Sigs. The strap on both were extremely tight and hard to snap when new. Once you get them snapped they will loosen very quickly. Don't add anything like oil or conditioner to soften the leather.

8. maestrogustav

maestrogustav

I was hoping for a pic of special agent 99. . . . . . . . : (

9. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

PERFECTLY NORMAL FOR A QUALITY LEATHER HOLSTER - RELAX! :)

(In a few weeks you can try a little mineral oil or hot water to stretch out that strap if you still need to.)

10. DFin

DFin

I bought an old Bianchi leather holster for $5 that must have gotten wet & shrunk. The fit was waaaay too tight. I soaked it in water, put a sock & plastic bag on the pistol, holstered it & let it dry for several days. Fit was perfect afterward.

Another leather holster had the way too short thumb strap problem. I wet & stretched the thumbstrap and let it dry with the gun holstered. It too worked.

11. DFin

DFin

The title of the thread sounds like a story about Agent 99 from GET SMART? I don't think she was a Special Agent then. She must have been promoted.

12. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

BTW, I found this method directly from Milt Sparks Holsters (high end, custom holster maker) when I had ordered one of theirs, and I believe Galco recommends this also.

I'd try this BEFORE I tried any oils or water on a leather holster. :(

Again, HTH

13. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

No it won't. That's ridiculous! (You had to leave something important out of your suggestion.) I've had this very same discussion with Matt Del Fatti. Matt is definitely one of the top 10 leather craftsmen in America, today. He is the one who suggested wetting the strap IF I really had to. (In the trade this is called, 'wet forming'.) Simply putting your gun in a freezer bag before holstering it ain't going to do anything at all.