Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first pistol/first glock, wondering what a normal amount of rounds is to be "broken in." I've only got about 600 or so through it, so I know I'm no where close, but I was sort of curious what the norm is....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd say it's pretty broken in... I'm not an expert but glocks generally don't jam unless you use Blazer ammo, steel casings w/ laquer (spelling), and possibly other specific casings...

I love my glock! One time some marine dude shot my gun a few rounds to check it out and I shot his Berretta 25 he failed to cock it back right and gently released the slide instead of letting it clap forward. I fixed it for him and he shot a few rounds then it jammed (post ejection) and I fixed it for him again. It was nice clean Winchester ammunition too... The Beretta 25 is a SICK gun too! I wish I could have it. But I didn't manage to shoot as well with it as I do with my Glock.

If you love glock look into FAB products! Foregrips, buttstocks, bipods, scope mounts... they even got something to connet your glock to your AR-15 AS THE AR-15's FOREGRIP!!! Hahahaha

CRAZY Israelies...

Also look into Pearce Magazine Extensions (the PG-GP model)

My favorite website is TheGlockGuy -- (commercial website) which has essential performance and appearance parts.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Just make sure it works with your SD ammo....no real need for a break in period IMO. Of course the more you shoot it trouble free, the more confidence you'll have in it and your ability with it.

·
Another Gapper
59 Posts
I remember someone saying Glock says 700-800 rounds to break in the gun and the shooter. My 38 had a few misfeads when it was brand new. After 500 rounds it eats anything. Even tolerates a friend I took shooting who limp wristed the poor thing to death.

·
20,420 Posts
Glock says nothing about a break-in period. The G30 likes about 300 rounds to maximize accuracy. All others are good to go straight from the box.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only time i had a FTE was within the first 5 or 6 rounds, and that was completely my fault, limp wristed it. not one problem after.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
There is no break-in period on a new Glock. Shoot five hundred rounds through it, field strip it, clean it, rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
After you get about 100,000 rounds through a G17 you can consider it broken in and ready for some serious use.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought they came out of the box broken in. Seriously if your carry/self defense ammo works well you are good to go.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
No matter how much people say they're perfect out of the box, I still like to break mine in to ensure all the parts mesh up correctly and that black finish is worn off the rifling. I have 108 through my G23 so far and it shoots nice now. Last time I went to the range I finally got my proper technique locked in(I'm 22 and hadn't been shooting since I was 14) and I shot nice tight groups. First time I took it to the range everything was either low or to the right, but that had been my first time shooting in a while.

This is my first gun let alone my first Glock, so can't say when it's "worn in", only that mine works fine with 108 rounds through it. My first time shooting it didn't count because I didn't have proper technique and no one else shot it.

·
Glock Gimp
13,852 Posts
Mine has been perfect out of the box. Congratulations on one of the best Glocks and welcome to GT.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have owned five different glocks and never noticed that they functioned better after a 'break-in' period. I have always been thoroughly impressed with each from the very first pull of the trigger....

·
MWAG
1,370 Posts
I just got a new G17 last week (to go with my G19 and G26). The first round pierced the X in the target and the next 299 haven't been far off. The others were the same when i got them. They don't seem to need much of a break in period at all, though it is nice to get them working and have the parts come together. That's been my experience.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Open the box, load the magazine, shoot! That's about all the break-in you need on a GLOCK!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
No break-in period needed really. But, if this is self defense weapon, many people reccomend running at least 500 rds thru it, using a variety of ammo, and at least a few boxes of the sd round you choose. 500 rds will give you good knowledge and familiarity of your pistol, and the ammo it likes.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
All of my Glocks have been good to go right out of the box. And after thousands or rounds through each they still work like day one. Shoot and enjoy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts