Home > Political & Other Important Issues > Political Issues > Breaking, Ginsburg dead

Breaking, Ginsburg dead

1. [​IMG]

"NPR
    @NPR

·
    3m

BREAKING: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who charted a course for women’s rights at the U.S. Supreme Court and became a legal, cultural and feminist icon, has died from complications from cancer. She was 87.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87
    Ginsburg, the second woman to serve on the Supreme Court, died from complications from cancer. Her death will set in motion what promises to be a tumultuous political battle over who will succeed her.
    npr.org
    "

2. source?

3. Holy Cow! we knew she had to be close... But... May the Lord be accepting of her soul, rest in peace Justice Bader Ginsburg...

4. Just heard this on OAN... They broke away from Pres. Trump's rally in Minnesota to announce it. o_O

5. fox alert went off...rip

GET THE BULLPEN READY

6. This election cycle just went into onverdrive.

7. Won't miss her.

8. I don't want to speak ill of the dead, but the honorable thing for her to do would have been to step aside two years ago

9. Mr. President GET ON THE PLANE call D.C. nominate a replacement right now.

10. Rest in Piss

11. #MAGA2020

12. I despised her politics, but if Scalia was her friend, she must have had some good in her. RIP Ruth.

Now on to nominating and approving a replacement.

13. My local news just announced it.

14. Even if you are on the space station you should able to find a source.

15. A bit worried now.

Biden/Harris wasn’t going to win. But with Ginsberg dying, it may energize the democrats to vote. They know what’s at stake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. NO chance of a replacement before the election. She held out long enough.

17. This is kinda harsh... but I did catch myself laughing out loud for a second.

IV

18. Her replacement will be sitting on the court before the next presidential term starts in January. If not, every Senate Republican will have failed our nation.

19. We have the votes, if they can't get it done it will be Trump's biggest failure.

20. She'll be baaaaack....it ain't over until there' 6 feet of dirt on top of her...and then I ain't sure.

21. 90% of voters, especially democrats, have no clue what the SC even does...

22. Progressives have no honor.

23. Can't say that I am sorry to see her go. May she rest on peace.

24. Leftists are slitting their wrists at this moment

25. If comics learned me anything it's don't be sure until the body is atomized.

26. Ha-Ha....just checked out DU...and boy are they crying a river.....

27. Both sides will be even more energized.

28. I was hoping for a blow out and it looked like that’s what we were going to get. Not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

29. Same story on Reddit

30. The cheating in the upcoming election by Democrats, just went to Ludicrous Speed!

660B23FA-58D8-416F-B4DF-5FCF602F9391.jpeg

31. I truly hope your wrong, but also sadly know you follow this stuff much closer than me.

32. Mitch got 11 more judges confirmed today, he knows this will be his greatest legacy, or his greatest failure.

33. Considering how SCOTUS decisions have been going, I don't see HOW this energizes the left any more than conservatives... :headscratch: :dunno:

34. Unfortunately, I don't think the votes are there. Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Grassley to start. Those alone would be enough to stop a nomination.

The next term President will fill the seat.

35. Thank God.

36. CBS just broke from Jeopardy for this. Pretty sure I knew the answer, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37. [​IMG]

Oops, there it is! :faint:

38. That's too good for her

39. Uh she will be going the other way.

40. Conservative enthusiasm for Trump already very high, but the left wasn't very excited about Joe. This could change that.

41. Fantastic! A great day for America. Senator Cruz ... please hold the line for a call from the President ....

42. Liberal heads exploding in 3,2,1

43. The votes are there for the right candidate. McConnell is smarty enough to know he has to get them aligned in advance, hence why he has been so successful at getting judges confirmed.

44. How sad that she would not give up that court seat looooooong before now. This just proves how close to death she’s been for years!

45. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46. All the more reason that votes matter

47. Satan has a new dance partner

48. Does Trump have the 51 votes in the Senate for this to happen?

49. I knew she'd hold on to that seat til the day she died, even if there had been a Dem president at the time.

50. Why not?

The senate has until the end of the year to confirm