GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 160 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Why not? Seriously? Do "Merrick Garland" and "the Biden rule" sound at all familiar?

Merrick Garland was nominated on March 16, 2016. Republicans said, "we don't vote on Supreme Court nominees in an election year. Democrats got outraged. Republicans said, "hey, Joe Biden made that rule, we're just following it."

I could see even pro-Trump Republicans being offended if we went back on that one 45 days before the election. It will also likely help the Democrats and hurt Trump to be pulling something that looks underhanded, right before the election.
No, Bren. You'll have to look at it in context.

2016 was a year of a second-term lame duck president, one who was definitely on his way out. And the Senate majority was opposite party of the lame duck president.

2020 is different. Very different.

·
Registered
30,306 Posts
"...My most fervent wish is that I not be replaced until the next president is installed..." (R.B.G)
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. I hope her passing was peaceful. She was terribly selfish in not stepping down much earlier, Just like mccain.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would love to see a new nominee quick. But on the other hand, millions of evangelicals voted for trump in 2016 that sat out in 08 and 12. And the number one reason they voted for trump......his list of potential Supreme Court nominees and the fact they were all pro-life. Replacing the most left-leaning justice to ever sit on the high court could be very appealing to those same evangelicals, and could even bring more of them out to vote. Hard to say what the best move would be to help him win re-election. But every time you think he may have made a mistake, you quickly realize he’s 2 steps ahead of the dems.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,166 Posts
Just proof that she should have stepped down a year or two ago, but didn't due to politics.

·
Cuhootnified Roamer
9,883 Posts
Rest In Peace. Condolences to the family.
Now; for a replacement in the next six weeks.

Reactions: nursetim and Berto

·
Registered
276 Posts
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. I hope her passing was peaceful. She was terribly selfish in not stepping down much earlier, Just like mccain.
Exactly, I posted something similar in one of the other threads when someone said "why is this so political right away". SHE made it political by not stepping down earlier, even under Obama's watch.

·
Registered
19,540 Posts
Find a young Clarence Thomas and tell the Dems they are racist if they don't confirm him immediately.
A young black female conservative. Make them racist and sexist

141 - 160 of 257 Posts