BREAKING: California Gun Waiting Period Laws Ruled Unconstitutional

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by Bren, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

At least, as applied to current, legal gun owners.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/news...n-waiting-period-laws-ruled-unconstitutional/
    I'd like to read the actual opinion, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

TheJ likes this.
  2. Andrewlcox

Andrewlcox

Waiting periods in Illinois have always struck me as ill conceived. I sometimes use my local gun range as my FFL when acquiring a new gun. I like to kill two birds with one stone so I usually take a few guns and use the range and finish the paperwork on the new gun. I'm sitting there filling out the FFL form with a bag full of guns at my feet but I can't take possession of the new pistol for 3 days or rifle for 1 day. Same goes for trades, I have to wait 1 day for long guns or 3 days for pistols even though I already have a firearm.

3. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Its purpose was always to inconvenience you any way the left could get away with. Any little drag or irritation they can add to the process is a win for them. Their strategy has always been to take gun rights by never missing a chance to chip away a little piece.

SJ 40, mrasgt and Ricky Ricardo like this.
  4. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

It's a lot easier to get one illegally. It is rediculous.

5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

That's why "gun control" will never work.'08.

Budqweiser likes this.
  6. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

What they are trying to achieve is "people control". Guns are a means to an end. As you know.

GlockPride likes this.
  7. JokerOne

JokerOne

Agreed.

I have to wait 3 days to buy a gun each time I buy one. The idea being that in some sort of insane rage I'm going to go buy a gun commit a crime and that 3 days of careful reflection of the meaning of life that I shall cool down and not commit a crime. Ok, I get that, but If I already own 4 guns, how is this law helpful? Its not.
    Recently on a trip to Texas to visit my brother we went to a gun show and he bought a new Ruger .380. No wait, instant check, I've waited longer at Papa Johns for a pizza... But in Illinois I have to wait 3 days. ugh!

8. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Same as the "WODs",as long as there is a market there will be buyers.Simple economics,find a market need and fill it.The commodity "you" provide will provide for you,universal application.Folk look for things,the ones providing them get paid.'08.

9. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Has anything changed in the year since this ruling came down, or are they stonewalling?

10. btefft

btefft U S Veteran

Still too dang many hoops to jump through. Here in Ga, I just today bought myself a new G40. Showed the LGS clerk my CCW, paid for the gun and walked out the door. Easy, smezzy.