close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BREAKING: Biden Suggests Executive Order

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LockHavenYellow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

AMEN!!

That's what I miss. Things get a little tense, even just half an hour in the clouds, all's good, head's clearer, mind's working better, decicions come easier.

:cool:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  2. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

I found this enlightening on what's to be expected in the short term:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...redictions-on-coming-gun-control-legislation/

"There are a bunch of proposals floating around right now about increased (or even decreased) gun control, and with the post-Sandy Hook shooting emotional response just about over there’s an even more concerted push to get “something” done before the window closes again. Sure, Piers Morgan and the like are trying to keep the story alive and keep driving towards a shredding of the second amendment, but there’s only so much the political climate (and Americans’ attention span) can support. So while the rest of the crew is in transit to LAS, I thought I’d do some handicapping of the possibilities . . .
    Just a quick note here. While I’m a fully trained risk analyst and used to do stuff like this for a living for DHS, none of this is particularly scientific. What you’re getting is my “gut feeling” rather than any hard and fast math. Mainly because hard and fast math is pretty much useless for this kind of thing. I’m going to try to rank them in order of risk of passage, based on likelihood of introduction and probability of enactment.

Increased Scrutiny with NICS Checks
    There’s no doubt that one of the things Biden is going to propose on Tuesday is an executive order to “toughen” background checks. Whether that involves increased or mandatory inclusion of certain medical records is up for debate, but this is one of the things that can actually be accomplished legally with an EO. The Brady bill requires certain things to be checked during a NICS check, but not every state plays along and feeds them all the data they request. An EO might work its way toward fixing that without actually violating the Constitution.

Probability of Introduction: 95%
    Probability of Enactment: 95%

“High Capacity” Magazine Ban
    While an actual AWB might be out of the picture, there’s no doubt that politicians are looking for bits and pieces that they can vote for without enacting the whole bloody mess. One of the ideas that has taken hold is a “high capacity” magazine ban, probably stopping the manufacture of magazines over 10 rounds and restricting sales of existing mags. In order for it to pass I think it needs a grandfather clause (to get the “Gun Culture 1.0″ politicians on board) and possibly a sunset provision, but that much is anyone’s guess.

Probability of Introduction: 90%
    Probability of Enactment: 60%

Stopping Mail Order Ammo
    Interstate commerce is what Congress is supposed to regulate, and the biggest commercial part of firearms is the ammunition, not the guns themselves. Stopping interstate sales directly to citizens is possible, but only through an act of Congress. I think one of the things working against this is that it was already tried and failed miserably.

Probability of Introduction: 70%
    Probability of Enactment: 40%

Stopping Private Sales
    Like I said, interstate commerce is the hook that Congress uses to pass their laws. All other non-constitutional duties are reserved to the states. I can see how they would craft the language, but the precedent of one or two states that have already given the middle finger to Federal control of things that start and stay within state lines puts a huge damper on this one.

Probability of Introduction: 50%
    Probability of Enactment: 20%

Firearms Registry
    It’s absolutely illegal under FOPA, but that doesn’t mean Congress doesn’t have the ability to change their mind. This is something I see the NRA and pro-2A politicians going to the mat over, especially armed with Canada’s recent scrapping of their own failed registry.

Probability of Introduction: 40%
    Probability of Enactment: 10%

Neutered Assault Weapons Ban
    I’ll get to DiFi’s impossible dream in a minute, but what is slightly more possible is a wholesale reinstatement of the old AWB. Its already been done, so politicians see some cover in that fact. Plus, a sunset provision would help to ease some Congresscritters off the fence. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still political suicide for the Dems in the midterm elections and all but guarantees a Republican president next time, but it’s a possibility. Not a good one, though.

Probability of Introduction: 35%
    Probability of Enactment: 10%

Feinstein’s “Nuclear Option” AWB
    Uh, yeah. Even some Democrats are calling it insane. The reason for the proposed legislation was to move the Overton Window (no, I don’t watch Glen Beck, the phrase pre-dates his book) further to their side. By pinning the top of the conversation so high, it allows for the possibility of something more substantial than anyone originally wanted to happen instead. But there’s no way in hell it actually makes it to the President’s desk.
    Probability of Introduction: 100%
    Probability of Enactment: 0%"

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

3. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

Eric for president! RILLY!! :bowdown:

4. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

I hear you, and my brain is telling me the same thing yours seems to be telling you. They will try for a lot, and get little. But that is a rational and well thought out conclusion in a dynamic and irrational time.

I've seen enough unlikely things get through in the last 5 years, that I wouldn't put all my eggs in any one basket, especially with some Republicans folding like ex-ballerina prostitutes.

The only guarantee I can give is that it will be an interesting ride.

5. abcstevemfj

abcstevemfj

AHH, don't
    Kick my cat, please:faint:

6. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Well, he is not required to follow the Constitution because he is not legally the President. We all know that his father was married to another woman when he made Barry and that was not a legal marriage to Barry's mom..thus he is illegal. :faint::whistling: But because of his skin tone he has gotten "cart blanche" treatment. That is the new Amerika.

7. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

Bottom line -resist ANY more encroachment. Do not accept and DO NOT OBEY any orders issued by Obongo which are contrary to the Constitution. Fight to keep what we have.

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Maybe you should take this reasoning to the US Supreme Court?

9. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

biden's part in this was multifold.

First, time consuming smoke an mirrors to get us past the holidays.

Second, create a reason to have a little ink for the 2016 election cycle.

Third, you've hit the nail on the head with respect to Congress committing political suicide, which is the exact reason for the executive order strategy. In both the 2014 and 2016 election cycles, our Congressional members can claim anything they want, as far as the reelection campaign trail goes, if soetoro uses and X-order. In Bart Simpson's famous words, "I didn't do it!"

I mean after all, look how we got all those "obamacare" supporters out of office since 2008. :upeyes: (Didn't happen, while stumping for reelection they used the excuse of being told martial law would be imposed and the sheeple bought it.)

It will be the same thing with this x-order from soetoro. They learned back in '93-'95. Now they have the perfect end around play as far as reelections in the future. (I won't go off topic about crooked voting machines setting the deck for reelections as well.)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  10. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

In order for the POTUS to write a binding x-order, the Constituion has to have been suspended. Simply put, we have been without the benefits of an acting Constitution for quite some time now.

(Heck, if my understanding about State and corporate law as far as Florida's legalese goes, here in Florida we are still, technically, under martial law that was imposed by jebbers bush, which he made effective on Wednesday, 09-12-2001. It has only been acted on selectively, but no less it is still there.)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  11. MtnBiker

MtnBiker NRA Member Millennium Member

Let's assume for a minute this is what really happens. Say BHO advocates something rather low-key. If it is accepted and it bypasses congress; it's time to worry.

That sets the precedent. Three months from now he'll try to shove through something more aggressive. Then more in the next 3 months...

I think celebration is premature.

12. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

[​IMG]

13. Cade

Cade anti-poster

...Veteran, sportsman, small business owner. Miss him dearly, but glad that he will not be here to see the POTUS actually wipe his rear with the Bill of Rights. It would kill him faster than the Camel filters did.

14. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Yep...not going to happen:whistling:

They are still pressing the issue, including executive order options. Biden identifies 19 different EO options
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/biden-guns-executive-actions-86187.html

Now they are asserting that it does not create new laws, but only reinforces existing laws. We'll see. But make no mistake, they will be as aggressive as possible in taking advantage of the emotions around this tragedy.

15. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

And the response should be tenfold what they try to enact.

16. 50 Cent

50 Cent

Sounds like Reid has already gotten an earful from Red State Dem Senators defending their seats in 2014.

17. 50 Cent

50 Cent

Another reason to luv Tx..lol

18. 33rdglock17

33rdglock17 Boosh

Jesus take off the tinfoil.... Guess what? He already won and they aren't going to erase the last 4 years of his term. Why don't you concentrate on how terrible of a president he has been instead of something so stupid? This is why people don't take conservatives seriously

19. Desert Duck

Desert Duck

Go to whitehouse.gov and sign the petitions...

I signed this one;

Recognize that an Executive Order restricting firearms is an illegal act and will likely result in an insurrection.

And another on the 2nd Amendment. I am surprised not more have signed it. Lets go y'all

20. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

After seeing their take on Obamacare, I wouldn't count on any help from them on anything.